auto mount hdds

I believe i have the setting correct for auto mount of hdds at startup yet it doesnt work , I believe its because it asked for the admin password the first time i try to mount it. Is there a way i can turn this off so it does need a password to mount all of the harddrives?

Where is the drive located (internal, usb or network)?
Did you edit the fstab directly or use the KCM in system settings to set this up?

ok heres a lil more details- i just switched from maui back to netrunner- all the drives are internal. I install the os on a ssd and then point dolphin to another hard drive for some of the home folders. I try not to use the ssd for storage. in maui to set it up like i wanted i just had to tick a few check boxes in system settings, but even before i did this Maui never asked for a password to manually mount the drive the way netrunner does so I suspect this is part of the problem. After i installed netrunner i went to edit fstab to make some changes for the solid state drive and to my surprise it was almost setup for me. It still used discard , which i wasnt using on maui, i opted to go with a daily cron job instead. I decided to leave it the default setup for now except for swap. i know i took discard off of the swap part and i think that was about it, I also set my swappiness to 1 following the advice of an ssd setup guide online. This auto mount issue is the only problem ive had so far. If i could find a way to get it to stop asking for the password the first time it mounts the hdds i think that would fix my problem

I installed disk-manager from Synaptic Package Manager.

Run disk-manager & enable the drive partition you want to auto-mount without using a password.
There’s command line changes that might be easier than disk-manager, but for me this works fine.

[attachment=1028]

For my drive I changed the ntfs (Unknown driver) to the ntfs-3g (Read-write driver)
The Options line will automatically change. I left the default.

ntfs (Unknown driver)
Options: defaults,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1003,uhelper=udisks2

ntfs-3g
Options: defaults,nodev,nosuid,locale=en_US.UTF-8

Note: If disk-manager gui fails to accept your root password to start,
you can install “kdesudo” and change the KDE Menu Editor command line for disk-manager from;
su-to-root -X -c /usr/sbin/disk-manager to; kdesudo /usr/sbin/disk-manager

Installing the package “gksu” without any command line changes might work also.

cool thanks that seems to work :slight_smile: