baloo-frameworks and baloo4 are in conflict

Hi

Just doing a fresh install of Netrunner Rolling and I get the error ‘baloo-frameworks and baloo4 are in conflict’ when I try to do the updates in the terminal using:

sudo pacman -Syu

If i try to update in Octopi I get:

:: Starting full system upgrade… :: intel-dri: requires mesa=10.2.7 :: lib32-intel-dri: requires lib32-mesa=10.2.7

nothing happens after that?

Looks like mesa is at version 10.4.4-1 in Octopi.

That is normal for the latest update-pack.
But did you read and perform the bash update from the readme file first?

If not then you’ll need to do this:

sudo pacman-mirrors -g
sudo pacman -Syy
sudo rm -R /var/lib/pacman/local/bash-4.3.024-1
sudo pacman -S bash pacman manjaro-system

If you get any errors about Korrode’s (Rob McCathie) pgp signature then you will need to do this:

sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux
sudo pacman-key --populate manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

Otherwise go ahead and perform the update as described in my latest update announcement here:
http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=17275

PS: Any time there is an update to Netrunner Rolling, I make an announcement about it here in the forums, along with any special instructions that may be needed for them to succeed.

Hi,

I keep getting the error (below) when i try using --sudo pacman -Syyu.
I also use the codes above to install bash before and I’m still getting this error:

Enter a number (default=1): 1
looking for conflicting packages…
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: baloo-frameworks and baloo4 are in conflict

It should be asking you to remove baloo4 after that line, you’ll need to manually answer with a Y because the default is N.

Did you miss this line from my update-pack announcement?

http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=17275

Yes, I did answer “Y” to all the prompts that’s how i received the error. Then I retried and answered “n” to some of the ati related updates in order to bypass the error and when it re-prompted ‘y/N’ then i answered “Y” and that seems to work (very strange). It looks like everything is updated now (from the result below).

Thanks for the quick reply!

===========
Updating font cache… done.
(606/614) upgrading xorg-iceauth [#####################################################] 100%
(607/614) installing libepoxy [#####################################################] 100%
(608/614) upgrading xorg-xkbcomp [#####################################################] 100%
(609/614) upgrading xorg-server-common [#####################################################] 100%
(610/614) upgrading xorg-server [#####################################################] 100%

xorg-server has now the ability to run without root rights with
the help of systemd-logind. xserver will fail to run if not launched
from the same virtual terminal as was used to log in.
Without root rights, log files will be in ~/.local/share/xorg/ directory.

Old behavior can be restored through Xorg.wrap config file.
See Xorg.wrap man page (man xorg.wrap).

(611/614) upgrading xorg-sessreg [#####################################################] 100%
(612/614) installing konsolepart4 [#####################################################] 100%
(613/614) upgrading yakuake [#####################################################] 100%
(614/614) upgrading yaourt

Your first post shows Intel, but your latest you mentioned ATI.
So which is it ATI or Intel?

Anyway, what do you get when you enter sudo pacman -Syu now?

Some of the KDE Applications moved to using KF5 (frameworks) so you’ll need to install the oxygen package (Plasma 5 theme) that will pull in two or three dependencies, this is normal. Then you’ll need to follow the instructions in the tip section here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE#Personalization

this was discussed in another thread starting here: http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=17282&pid=25939#pid25939