black screen of death after instalation

Hi I have the following problem when I try to install netrunner as my main system the live dvd works fine but after I run the installer and restart the machine the screen goes black does not show me any option what can I do to fix this? thanks

If Netrunner is your only system installed it is normal. Just wait a few seconds and it should boot the system. If you want to get to the grub boot menu press esc after the bios splashes.

Hi thanks for youth quick answer but I wait for about 30 minutes and nothing happen my screen just stays black I don’t know if the problem is with the video card or driver I have a integrated video card Intel hd

Intel HD is normally supported. Is Escape working or does the grub bootloader not show up at all ?

[quote=“leszek, post:4, topic:1286”]
Intel HD is normally supported. Is Escape working or does the grub bootloader not show up at all ?
[/quot

Hi again I finally managed to enter the system but I did it from the advanced mode in the grub with monodeset but that is not the normal booting rigth? and I search for my video card in the driver manager but does not show me anything for video only for wi-fi

Intel cards only have a opensource driver. If only nomodeset made your system boot than it isn’t so bad. Its just that the kernel can’t handle switching the graphics while bootup.
So what you could do is adding this option to /etc/default/grub 's default linux grub bootoptions (right after quiet splash .
After sudo update-grub it should then use this nomodeset option as default

Ok thakns I’ll try :cool: