Both Muon and Synaptic Crashing

Hi… I have been having issues with Muon and Synaptic crashing on me as soon as I start the programs, as of lately.
I have now tried numerous times to start either one and CRASHES Instantly!

Frontier 17 Kubuntu flavor

Dell PC Optiplex 760
500 gig drive
4 gigs mem
Intel Board with Integrated Intel Componants

EDIT: Also, every time I try to submit a bug report and fill out the ask for data… it ALWAYS says not enough data to complete the bug report - or something to that degree. How frustrating!

Can you execute muon or synaptic (best both) from within a terminal and post the output of this terminal after it crashed. Please quote or code tag here in the forum to paste it.

The crashreport tool should give you a hint to install debugging packages to get a better error report.

I’ve nevr done that before. Can you give me some instruction?

Open the terminal and type in muon and hit enter. Perform the action or wait until it crashed and copy and paste the output from the terminal

Is THIS crazy or what?? I have it installed and it is in the main menu as it was from the start of installation.
Here is what I get when I type ‘muon’ into the terminal:

The program ‘muon’ is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install muon

What comes preinstalled is muon-discover so the command should be muon-discover.
Sorry I thought you had the normal muon installed manually.
Oh and btw you can also test synaptic that way. More error messages help debugging this issue.

This is what I got on my main pc, but the program then loaded.
I will now attempt this on my second pc and post those results,
as well.

ronny@ronny-MS-7641:~$ muon-discover
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon’s address.
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
muon-discover(13770)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::property: Request for unknown property ’ “UntranslatedGenericName” ’
muon-discover(13770)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::property: Request for unknown property ’ “UntranslatedGenericName” ’
ronny@ronny-MS-7641:~$ JSonScanner::yylex - error reading from io device
Couldn’t find the releasechecker script
/usr/bin/python3: can’t find ‘main’ module in ‘’
qrc:/qml/FeaturedBanner.qml:33: TypeError: Result of expression ‘str’ [undefined] is not an object.
qrc:/qml/FeaturedBanner.qml:33: TypeError: Result of expression ‘str’ [undefined] is not an object.
qrc:/qml/FeaturedBanner.qml:33: TypeError: Result of expression ‘str.indexOf’ [undefined] is not a function.
qrc:/qml/FeaturedBanner.qml:33: TypeError: Result of expression ‘str.indexOf’ [undefined] is not a function.
JSonScanner::yylex - error reading from io device
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
Resource id: 0x5a0005c

But then the terminal does not bring back a flashing prompt. I have to type ‘quit’.

Here is what I get on my second pc, within the terminal:

~$ muon-discover
Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon’s address.
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
muon-discover(6162)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::property: Request for unknown property ’ “UntranslatedGenericName” ’
muon-discover(6162)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::property: Request for unknown property ’ “UntranslatedGenericName” ’
project14@project14-OptiPlex-760:~$ JSonScanner::yylex - error reading from io device
KCrash: Application ‘muon-discover’ crashing…
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/home/project14/.kde/socket-project14-OptiPlex-760/kdeinit4__0

This is copied from the crash handler:

Attached in .doc file.

The spam bot will flag you and disable your account if your post’s get to be too long, please use a code box for long sections of output dialog’s like these.

No idea as I have never posted this kind of stuff before. How do I do it? I will edit it.

EDIT: I put the long code in a .doc file. Is that better?

If you reply to a thread on the right side of the reply texteditor you have symbols for quote and code tags that you can use to format your text.

Still don’t understand. I’ll just .doc the code. But I know this is a rare thing.

So can you tell me how to fix the package programs?

You can use bbcode tags for quoting and for code.

See http://www.bbcode.org/reference.php

As for the error itself it’s a segmentation fault and I don’t see anything useful in the logs.
This is an error that needs to be reported upstream as only the developer knows howto fix this.

Well, as stated once before… I have tried on several occasions to upload a bug report, but it Always comes back saying not enough info to send (or something of that nature). I have tried everything I saw wihtin the bug report program and nothing worked for me.

The bug reporting program is useless without the debugging tools installed basically.
Reporting the bug directly on bugs.kde.org would be the best.
You can even report it with the ‘useless’ debugging output. Maybe the dev can read something from it.