Can't boot

I’m no longer able to boot into Rolling from GRUB; I get the spinning Netrunner logo under Plymouth endlessly. Pretty sure I didn’t run any updates under Octopi the last time I ran – I was only messing around with my Apache setup in an effort to debug problems there.

I’m running with an nVidia card & non-free drivers and aside from issues with my desktops randomly switching between monitors on login I’ve had no major issues.

Any hints would be appreciated.

On next boot edit grub the kernel line and remove “quiet splash” and continue boot.

Ach, looks like I’ve got a borked filesystem – I’m getting a message telling me to run fsck on a drive. I think that drive might be an external USB drive I use for music. I’ll try disconnecting & rebooting.

Hm, ok – it’s not my external drive but rather the drive that’s hosting NRR’s root partition. I think my only option here is to boot into the NRR live DVD and use fsck there to check & fix that partition. Does that sound about right or do I have a better option available to me?

That sounds about right if there is an issue with the file system.
May I ask what is the partitioning scheme you used, including the file system types?
And, is the Netrunner Rolling (Manjaro) installation handling grub2 or another Linux distribution?

Drives /dev/sda & /dev/sdb are set aside for my Windows system (currently Windows 10); drives /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd are set aside for my Linux system.

Offhand I forget my exact layout, but /dev/sdc has both my /home and /var partitions – /var having been the container for my Apache setup under Ubuntu. /dev/sdd contains partitions for my Linux root, swap, a FAT16 or FAT32 partition containing my system’s EFI and I believe my /boot. (But IIRC I don’t believe I’m using a separate boot partition at this time.)

Under my current installation Netrunner Rolling is handling GRUB2, and it’s installed under my system’s /dev/sdb drive.

Then yes, boot the live media and use fsck to fix that partition. You might also want to check that drives S.M.A.R.T. status for possible issues as well

Sweet, that did the trick. Thanks!