could not find user manager plugin and About Plugin

Hello All

I have done the upgrade and all seems to be just fine besids two items in the SYSTEM SETTINGS.

I went to the ABOUT SYSTEM and USER MANAGER and it says that the plugins are not installed. How would I go about fixing this.

Mark

Install the packages about-distro and userconfig.

thank you so much !!

I have the same problem of not being able to use user settings but typing

sudo apt-get install userconfig

returns a E: Unable to locate package userconfig error. What can I do to solve this? I cannot access my home folder from 13.06 at the moment!

It should be in the repository. Please use muon or synaptic to refresh the repository list and try to search the userconfig package there to install it.

After upgrading from 13.06 to 13.12 my User Manager also doesn’t work. In Synaptic is shows that userconfig is installed. I have even tried removing it and installing it again and User Manager still doesn’t work in System Settings.

Also in Network Settings > Network Backend is missing. The message tells me that kcm_solid is missing.

My About System works fine after the upgrade.
[hr]

To fix the missing User Manager, “userconfig” was not the problem for me. I found “user-manager” was not installed in Synaptic. After I installed it User Manager works properly in System Settings again.

Please execute systemsettings from within the terminal and navigate to userconfig & network settings to see a more detailed error message which helps us to determine the problems here.

Ok, I typed “systemsettings” in Yakuake and got:

QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.

this was listed twice in a row and no other config showed up

Please execute systemsettings from within the terminal and navigate to userconfig & network settings to see a more detailed error message which helps us to determine the problems here

Systemsettings message QDBusConnection when started has nothing todo with the error for userconfig and network settings not working.

I hope these screen captures help, let me know if you need something different.

Seems to be a ghost entry as kcm_solid shouldn’t be there anymore in the new KDE release. It was in the previous version though which explains why it is still there. The *.desktop file in /usr/share/kde4/services/ for kcm_solid was not removed by the upgrade (upgrade usually installs new files and overwrites old files but does not delete files).

Do you know how I may remove this? Thank you.

You need root rights to remove it from the /usr/share/kde4/services/. I guess it is called kcm_solid.desktop.
Just delete the file and on next login it should be gone from the systemsettings.

I have kcm_solid.old is it ok to remove that? I don’t see a .desktop version. Also is it ok to remove all .old files?

Yes you can remove those *.old files.