firefox history and session restore

Hi there. Have a problem with the firefox version 30 that comes with Frontier. After restarting firefox (or the computer) the previous session, tabs etc are greyed out. No option to restore session from previous. Also when I close a tab, there is no option for recently closed tabs. Basically everything under the history is greyed out. I have this problem also in the rolling version. So I am assuming this may be a firefox problem as opposed to a netrunner problem. Any of the fixes have not worked for me so far. Wondering if anyone is experiencing similar?

Did you try to disable the preloading and see if this fixes the issue for you ?
You can disable the preloaded firefox temporarly by closing the firefox icon hidden in the tray with a right click.

Hi,

I have similar problem. Previous session cannot be restored. I searched google, tried many suggestions but I could not find a solution. Firefox always starts with one tab google search page, no matter what settings I try in preferences.
I did not have this problem with Enigma II, which I used for about 6 months, or any other linux distro I tried latelly (Fedora, Centos, LMDE).
Are there any ideas what I should try?

Thanks!

I disabled preload.sh from System Settings -> Startup And Shutdown -> Autostart and firefox restores previous session without complains. It solves the problem for me. I hope it helps somebody else with a similar problem.

Great to hear, could you please add (Solved) to the beginning of the tittle for this thread.

Thanks,
AJ

Hi,

I have similar problem. Previous session cannot be restored. I searched google, tried many suggestions but I could not find a solution. Firefox always starts with one tab google search page, no matter what settings I try in preferences.
I did not have this problem with Enigma II, which I used for about 6 months, or any other linux distro I tried latelly (Fedora, Centos, LMDE).
Are there any ideas what I should try?

Thanks!
[/quote]

I second this! Same thing here…

@ PinStripe
Did you follow Leszeks instructions here which are the same as I gave you in the other thread:
disable the preloading and close/remove the firefox icon from your panel.

I think I’ve found another solution without disabling preloading, after a lot of searching…

I close Firefox with quit (not closing it with X) and the next time I login Firefox opens automatically with the tabs I’ve had before quiting it.
The problem, though, still remains when you restart Firefox in the same Netrunner session…