Firefox update problem

I’m glad we finally fixed the issue. go well brother…

I hope this fixed BSkeptic’s problem also go well brother

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks a lot!

Any idea why this happened?
32bit seemed to have updated fine, so I am wondering if this is something all 64bit could affect or simply due to some individual case…

This is was one of those pesky individual case things, I’m running 64bit and did not have this issue. If a system configuration file (Like pacman.conf) has some customizations in it that could not be automatically merged by pacman (these can be made by the installer, the user, a script, etc.) then pacman will make a .pacnew and leave the original file in place, if some setting in a system config file has been depriciated then it will get moved to a .pacorig file and the new one installed.

Excellent assistance (and perseverence too)! I also would like to join in and say Thank You, Mr. Aj, for all your many helpful contributions.

You are so welcome.

Go well my friend,
AJ

I also had this issue, with a Fresh install of Netrunner OS Rolling 64bit.

So my thanks also go out to AJSlye.
(first post, as I build an account to thank you :D)
edit: sorry for the Necro. but it may be important to note this is still an issue?

Yes we know, this happens occasionally and not to every user. The fixes for these issues are usually included in the Manjaro update notifications under troubleshooting. I also link to those with my update-pack announcements here in the Netrunner forum.