Firefox updates

Hi,
I wonder why Firefox stay in version 30, even with the lastest upgrade. I noticed an updated version in repos, but it’s not firefox-kde, and I miss the integration. Should I try compiling it from AUR ?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

You can either wait for the Netrunner developers to finish testing their build, or you can compile it yourself from the AUR.

yaourt -S firefox-kde-opensuse

Note: The firefox-kde-opensuse package does not compile if you have a 32bit system. We are still investigating the reason so that the package can be updated in our repo.

I tried to compile it, I have a 64 bits system, it fails, with a mysterious error.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I see myself desiring to upgrade as well because I am constantly being asked to reset my browser and and it is starting to be very annoying. If there is a fix for that I would like to know about it.
Thanks…

Update:
firefox-kde version 33.0 is now available in the repo aswell as all the language packs.

Can I just deny the missing PGP signature and just go for it?

[code]
╰ ➤ LC_ALL=C sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases…
blueshell is up to date
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
pipelight is up to date
multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade…
warning: ca-certificates: local (20140325-2) is newer than blueshell (20140325-1)
warning: libkgapi: local (2.2.0-1) is newer than blueshell (2.1.1-1)
warning: sddm: local (0.1.0+git20140511.aac8643-1) is newer than blueshell (0.1.0+git20140415.d5ad48a-1)
warning: transmission-qt: local (2.84-1) is newer than blueshell (2.82-2)
resolving dependencies…
looking for inter-conflicts…

Packages (3): firefox-kde-33.0-1 firefox-kde-i18n-en-us-33.0-1 firefox-kde-i18n-nl-33.0-1

Total Download Size: 31.34 MiB
Total Installed Size: 63.76 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 1.04 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages …
firefox-kde-33.0-1-x86_64 30.7 MiB 5.49M/s 00:06 [##############################################] 100%
firefox-kde-i18n-en-us-33.0-1-any 365.9 KiB 6.87M/s 00:00 [##############################################] 100%
firefox-kde-i18n-nl-33.0-1-any 337.6 KiB 7.33M/s 00:00 [##############################################] 100%
(3/3) checking keys in keyring [##############################################] 100%
(3/3) checking package integrity [##############################################] 100%
error: firefox-kde: missing required signature
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/firefox-kde-33.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] [/code]

We have signatures disabled by default on the blueshell repo.
So yes you can

Part of that error is because I had you moved the blueshell repository to the bottom of the server list to update SDDM. From what I can tell none of the packages in the blueshell repository are signed:

Packager    Unknown Packager

You should be able press yes to that question safely. The Netrunner team isn’t using pgp keys for their repository or editing the packager field on their pkgbuild and/or makepkg files, I believe this to be the causes these issues.
[hr]
I apologize leszeek, you posted as I was typing.

With my first post I had moved blueshell to the top again, even changing to the bottem yes or no failed to upgrade.

Normally we have set signing for the blueshell repo in pacman.conf to Optional TrustAll

Yes I realized that, not the best option but it does work. However, I believe this was cause by me having flipper use the Octopi repository Editor to move the repository down the list.

I didn’t do the remove first, because it’s my only browser, but when I do after refreshing the keys:

╭ ➜ filip@laptop:~  
╰ ➤ LC_ALL=C sudo pacman -S firefox-KDE
error: target not found: firefox-KDE

but

[code]
╰ ➤ LC_ALL=C sudo pacman -S firefox-kde
resolving dependencies…
looking for inter-conflicts…

Packages (1): firefox-kde-33.0-1

Total Download Size: 30.65 MiB
Total Installed Size: 62.97 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 0.92 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages …
firefox-kde-33.0-1-x86_64 30.7 MiB 5.50M/s 00:06 [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity [##############################################] 100%
error: firefox-kde: missing required signature
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/firefox-kde-33.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.[/code]

edit: ok I’ve set blueshell back down

flipper try this:

sudo mv /etc/pacman.conf.orig /etc/pacman.conf
sudo pacman -S firefox-kde

is it the /etc/pacman.conf.pacorig file I have to use to overwrite?

edit: nvm after checking pacman.conf.pacorig

I saw there was a
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
set on the blueshell, as leszek mentioned.
Added it manually to my /etc/pacman.conf and then upgraded without problems.
Don’t know why it wasn’t there by default on the blueshell?

Mine upgraded fine but it still says 30 in the about box. If I run firefox --version though it states 33?

If the preload firefox is still running it needs to be closed to load the new firefox version. Either close it manually by closing ksystraycmd in the tray or by relogin.

Yes, the command I gave you was to overwrite pacman.conf with the original version, restoring the SigLevel’s.

Octopi’s repository editor isn’t keeping the SigLevel lines like it should, this is what caused the problem. If you look closer and compare the two you will notice that it also removed the ones from the Manjaro repositories as well (core, community, extra and multilib). I will be notifying Alexandre (arnt) of the issue.

Thx for explaining, now it makes sense.
Added the missing ‘SigLevel = PackageRequired’ to the other repos.