Flash plugin not working on all sites

I stand corrected, I was thinking that it had to be a codec issue, maybe it’s a driver issue then?

However, we are both using Intel graphics, unless he is having a virtual box issue, after going back over his post I cant tell if he is trying this on native hardware or not.

Maybe, you might know why I he can’t get those videos to play under Netrunner Standard but I can under Netrunner Rolling?

My guess is that it has something todo with the dns settings not the driver.

Though vaikus84 could try right clicking in the area where the flashplayer should be and go to flash player settings there and try disabling hardware acceleration and reload the page.

As for the dns problem it might be the dns fallback opendns that is still there from ancient Netrunner times and the video stream provider is blocking them.

vaikus84 please give us the output of the terminal command

cat /etc/resolv.conf | grep nameserver

I want to check which dns you use and if its the one from your provider/the router or the opendns one.

Netrunner Standard still has an openDNS fallback configured, I did not know that.

Yes I was running on native hardware. Like I said I have Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics.
And I stated several times that I use Netrunner 14 Frontier (meaning the Kubuntu based 64bit version).
[hr]
I downloaded the Netrunner 14 Frontier x64 from the torrent link this time.
Pre-updates and disabling the firefox 2gb script www.tv3play.ee seems to work.

Doing updates right now and disabling the startup script. Will post result.

Also it seems to work post-updated system. Going for untick the Firefox startup script and add my own profile for Firefox.
[hr]
After the updating I also ensured that those packages where also present:
(just so I don’t leave anything out)

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel libva-intel-vaapi-driver libva1 libva-x11-1 libva-x11-1:i386 libva-drm1 libva-drm1:i386 libdrm-intel1 libdrm-intel1:i386

*Unticked the Firefox startup script.
*Added my own .mozilla folder

Everything works.

Maybe you should re-upload the server ISO ? Because I used the 64bit Netrunner 14 Frontier ISO and this time I downloaded it via the torrent link. And now all of the sudden all the issues I was having are gone!

I’m glad to hear that you finally got it working.

Well. It was fun while it lasted. For one day.
Now not working again.
[hr]

nameserver 127.0.1.1
nameserver 208.67.222.222
nameserver 208.67.220.220

Ok it seems to be the nameserver.
Please remove the file [/b]/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/tail[/b] with root rights.
You could run

sudo rm /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/tail

in terminal to do so.
After that please restart either your network / network-manager or simply reboot.

I hope that helps

Did the remove with your given command and rebooted the laptop.
No positive results.

This is frustrating. it just does not seem to work properly.

It is definitely strange. Are you sure that it isn’t a problem of the website itself.
And if it only works on Windows they might block linux clients.

It works on other Distros like all Mint variations and Manjaro variations. This is specific to Netrunner only so far.

I went as far as installing those other distros on my physical system. It worked like a charm.

Did you try another browser aswell? Konqueror for example? Maybe it has something todo with the browser and it’s config.

For some odd reason Firefox is not the latest. That’s one thing I picked up.
And yes I have done a full system update via Muon update manager.

That does not answer my question fully. Please try konqueror and see if its working with it.

Did a full reinstall of Netrunner 14 Frontier (Kubuntu base).
At first it seems to play. When I don’t update the system. So there must be something that can mess up the system.
Meaning there must be a specific way to make the first update after a fresh install.

Because somewhere along those updates it messes up.

PS. Rekonq plays www.tv3play.ee just fine without any modifications. But that’s the thing. Everything works fine prior to doing updates of any kind to the system.

Also I’m not seeing Firefox 30 version to 32 update, when I browse through the update list that Muon Update Manager presents.

And as soon as I unticked the Firefox 2GB startup script. It counts as a change to the system and bye bye www.tv3play.ee support of flash.

Reqonk also says good bye to it. Meaning this flaw presists system wide.

That’s the weirdest bug I’ve seen so far in Linux :smiley:

I could do the firefox sync and it worked fine for several restarts. And this time I only synced my bookmarks and did not change firefox under the hood or nothing. As soon as I unticked the startup script it bailed on me.
[hr]
And re-enabling the 2gb Firefox script doesn’t help either. If it goes. It goes for good.
[hr]
[attachment=412]
This is what I see when I do the first full update of the system after doing:
sudo apt-get update first in terminal. Elsewise I only get a possibilitie to update the kernel in “Muon Update Manager” and this will fail whatever I have tried with it. And also it will mess up all updating for the system, meaning it won’t let you do updates at all.
[hr]
More pictures of the situation.

[attachment=413]
[attachment=414]
[attachment=415]

Channel 2 flash shows perfect:

[attachment=416]

Discovered that this flash issue is not specific to www.tv3play.ee

Also not working is http://www.hgk-koeln.de/ihr-aufenthalt/panoramatour-lageplan/

Took an USB stick I know works good.
Downloaded Netrunner ISO 14 Kubuntu 64bit version via the server link, checked the md5sum which was correct.
Formated the USB as FAT32 with KDE partitioner and used the Startup Disk Creator to write the ISO fail to the USB.

No warnings there.

But when I did the disc checking in the Netrunner Grub menu, it showed 66 errors in files.
So unless my new laptop is totaly kuku the server link ISO download needs deffinitely a refresh from your side.

[attachment=417]

[quote]But when I did the disck checking in the Netrunner Grub menu, it showed 66 errors in files.
So unless my new laptop is totaly kuku the server link ISO download needs deffinitely a refresh from your side.[/quote]
Or don’t trust this test.
If the md5sum of the ISO is correct it should be correct then.