General Installation tgz help. I guess

Hello,
has anyone heard of yaafe ?
it is a sound analyser and I am trying to install it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/yaafe/

a .tgz file is downloaded, but a ccmake command must be used and I cant seem to figure this out?
Is anyone willing to help me do this step by step?
thnx!

You will need all of the base-devel group installed first:
sudo pacman -S base-devel

Yaffe requires swig & argtable, and the optional feature dependencies HDF5 & lapack which are not installed.

sudo pacman -S swig hdf5 lapack:
yaourt -S argtable (will be compile from the AUR)

The other feature dependencies: sndfile, mpg123 & fftw are already installed with the system:

It should now compile for you.

Here are the compiling & installation instructions: http://yaafe.sourceforge.net/manual/install.html

Hey, I dont know why, but my account got banned for spamming while I was trying to post.
Anyway,
As far as get it I have resolved the dependencies BUT it still wont compile.
ccmake ends without error,
but make troubles me:

Scanning dependencies of target audio-smarc
[ 1%] Building C object externals/CMakeFiles/audio-smarc.dir/audio-smarc/remez_lp.c.o
[ 2%] Building C object externals/CMakeFiles/audio-smarc.dir/audio-smarc/smarc.c.o
[ 4%] Building C object externals/CMakeFiles/audio-smarc.dir/audio-smarc/filtering.c.o
[ 5%] Building C object externals/CMakeFiles/audio-smarc.dir/audio-smarc/stage_impl.c.o
[ 7%] Building C object externals/CMakeFiles/audio-smarc.dir/audio-smarc/polyfilt.c.o
[ 8%] Building C object externals/CMakeFiles/audio-smarc.dir/audio-smarc/multi_stage.c.o
Linking C static library libaudio-smarc.a
[ 8%] Built target audio-smarc
Scanning dependencies of target yaafe-core
[ 10%] Building CXX object src_cpp/yaafe-core/CMakeFiles/yaafe-core.dir/ComponentFactory.cpp.o
[ 11%] Building CXX object src_cpp/yaafe-core/CMakeFiles/yaafe-core.dir/Engine.cpp.o
In file included from /home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/DirectedGraph.h:31:0,
from /home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/DataFlow.h:28,
from /home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Engine.h:28,
from /home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Engine.cpp:25:
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h: In instantiation of ‘void YAAFE::Ports::add(const T&) [with T = YAAFE::OutputBuffer*]’:
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Engine.cpp:274:54: required from here
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h:62:27: error: ‘push_back’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
push_back(Port("",val));
^
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h:62:27: note: declarations in dependent base ‘std::vector<YAAFE::PortYAAFE::OutputBuffer*, std::allocator<YAAFE::PortYAAFE::OutputBuffer* > >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h:62:27: note: use ‘this->push_back’ instead
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h: In instantiation of ‘void YAAFE::Ports::add(const string&, const T&) [with T = YAAFE::StreamInfo; std::string = std::basic_string]’:
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Engine.cpp:286:81: required from here
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h:68:29: error: ‘push_back’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
push_back(Port(name,val));
^
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h:68:29: note: declarations in dependent base ‘std::vector<YAAFE::PortYAAFE::StreamInfo, std::allocator<YAAFE::PortYAAFE::StreamInfo > >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h:68:29: note: use ‘this->push_back’ instead
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h: In instantiation of ‘void YAAFE::Ports::add(const string&, const T&) [with T = YAAFE::InputBuffer*; std::string = std::basic_string]’:
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Engine.cpp:302:48: required from here
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h:68:29: error: ‘push_back’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h:68:29: note: declarations in dependent base ‘std::vector<YAAFE::PortYAAFE::InputBuffer*, std::allocator<YAAFE::PortYAAFE::InputBuffer* > >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h:68:29: note: use ‘this->push_back’ instead
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h: In instantiation of ‘void YAAFE::Ports::add(const string&, const T&) [with T = YAAFE::OutputBuffer*; std::string = std::basic_string]’:
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h:117:3: required from ‘YAAFE::Ports YAAFE::Ports::map(O ()(const T&)) const [with O = YAAFE::OutputBuffer; T = YAAFE::StreamInfo]’
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Engine.cpp:305:89: required from here
/home/kaboo/Desktop/yaafe/src_cpp/yaafe-core/Ports.h:68:29: note: declarations in dependent base ‘std::vector<YAAFE::PortYAAFE::OutputBuffer*, std::allocator<YAAFE::PortYAAFE::OutputBuffer* > >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
make[2]: *** [src_cpp/yaafe-core/CMakeFiles/yaafe-core.dir/Engine.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src_cpp/yaafe-core/CMakeFiles/yaafe-core.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Arch and thus Manjaro, has moved everything under /usr/lib and /usr/bin, since sometimes compilers don’t follow symlinks, did you use these in your cmake paths like this:
ccmake -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=</usr/lib/> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=</usr/bin/>

PS. You may also need the Extra CMake Modules installed: sudo pacman -S extra-cmake-modules

it was far simpler than that afterall. (it took me lots of time to figure it out though!)
but thanks for feedback!

The problem was an error in the code of the programm itself that prevented compiling.

I’m glad to hear that you got it working. You might consider either leaving a comment on that programs AUR page detailing what needed changing to get it to compile or submit a bug report to upstream.