How to change the order of the menu

Is there a txt or config file where I can change and/or delete the items in the menu? I have looked through the boot and grub files but found nothing relevant,

You could install “grub customizer” if you want to edit / change grub menu entries.

Thanks starbuck for a very fast repyl

I’m not sure if this is installed by default under Netrunner 14 but it is in Netrunner Rolling:

system > grub customizer

If not then this might be of use: Install Grub Customizer in Ubuntu 14.04 to Manage Your Grub Bootloader | UbuntuHandbook

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install grub-customizer

Thanks aj that did the trick nicely.

Not quite solved. I have 3 systems set up - Netrunner 14, Netrunner Rolling and LinuxMint as a standby. In using Grub Customiser I place the two Netrunners first and second and Mint third. However Mint appears first Netrunner 14 last (I do, of course, save settings before exiting Customiser.

Seems to work right here. You didn’t happen to have a kernel update or something similar under Mint that could have run grub-update on it?

[hr]

No, I only installed Mint a week ago and have not updated it. However, after I had reduced the menu to 4 items yesterday I found, on booting up this morning, it was back to the original 8 items.

That is strange. something is updating/changing it.