kde 5

Hi,

Will kde 5 be proposed in netrunner repository ?

See you

I am not sure what you mean by kde 5.
If you mean Plasma 5. It won’t come as an update in the repositories as it isn’t stable enough yet. (and missing still some features)
However there are plans to release the next version of Netrunner with Plasma 5 as default desktop.

[color=#000080]To install Plasma 5 in Netrunner 14 Frontier using the Project Neon KDE Frameworks 5 PPA (installing it won’t overwrite your current installation however, this PPA is highly unstable), use the following commands:[/color]
[size=medium]$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:neon/kf5
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install project-neon5-session project-neon5-utils project-neon5-konsole project-neon5-breeze project-neon5-plasma-workspace-wallpapers
[/size]
[color=#000080][i]Once installed, it’s probably a good idea to restart the system to avoid any issues. And, to log in to the newly installed Plasma 5, select “Plasma” from the login screen session menu.

If you want to revert the changes made by following the instructions above, here’s what you need to do.

For Netrunner 14 Frontier (Project Neon KDE Frameworks 5 PPA), use the following commands to remove all the packages installed from the Project Neon 5 PPA:[/i][/color]
[size=medium]$ sudo apt-get purge project-neon5-*
$ sudo apt-get autoremove
[/size]

Hi,

yes I was talking about plasm 5. I’ll give it a shot sometime when I have time.
Nice to see it will be integrated in future release of Netrunner.

See you