kde-baseapps?

Got updated to KDE 4.9.4 yesterday. My system can’t, however, install kde-baseapps, which is supposed to come with the update. When I tried to install it manually, I got this error:

kde-baseapps : Depends: plasma-widget-folderview (>= 4:4.9.4-0ubuntu0.1) but 4:4.9.3-0ubuntu0.2~netrunner12.12~ppa1 is to be installed
Recommends: konqueror-nsplugins (>= 4:4.9.4-0ubuntu0.1) but it is not going to be installed

Will there be a fix for this coming soon? I had another update today (cups and other stuff), and kde-baseapps is still stuck, and I guess it’ll be warning me about it until the dependency issue is resolved.

Thanks!

Hi sez11,

the kdebaseapps is not preventing anything BUT folderview to update.
All other kdebaseapp-packages like doplhin, etc. are up to date, so the meta-package is only still shown as 4.9.3 because folderview is still tied to 4.9.3 for a reason:
Netrunner has its own folderview version, which disables the “multiple selection markers” by default.
This allows to have single-click and not show the selection markers, since there is no global setting for that yet, and the dolphin independent setting was cut with 4.9. and folderview.

Since folderview is actively developed by Blue Systems own Ignat Semenov, we are well aware if there would be an update on it, and then patch it for kdebaseapps to “look” normal, so when this happens, you just see the two packages will go up synchroniously.

Thanks for the quick reply! Isn’t Kubuntu also now supported by Blue Systems? It would be great if there were some synergy on the packages. Not that there’s competition between the two distros, but my interest in Netrunner was first piqued when I heard about Blue Systems supporting Kubuntu. I figured eventually, Kubuntu would be folded into Netrunner, since Netrunner is so much more polished.

Whatever happens there, thanks for the update.

Kubuntu will most likely stay with vanilla KDE on Ubuntu, being a great base for any experimental respin and mixed distro.
Both approaches have advantages, though with sponsoring KDE projects, we hope to make KDE centric solutions much more attractive in the future, bringing Kubuntu and Netrunner even closer together.