Live session unable to connect to wireless

[i]Note: I’m both a Linux Mint and Manjaro user.

My system is:

Lenovo R61: Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR2, 100 GB/7200 hdd, all Intel chipsets (graphics, audio, ethernet & wireless)

And sorry for the long-ish description here. I tend to be wordy. :slight_smile:
[/i]
In the live session of Manjaro Arch, the wireless connection manager in the system tray appears to be non-functional. By this I mean that once booted into the live session KDE desktop, there’s a wireless icon with a question mark over it in the system tray at the lower right. Clicking on the icon pops up a list of available wireless connections. My home wireless router connection is at the top of the list.

Clicking on the “Connect” button for my home wireless router connection expands the entry and shows me a password entry field. I enter my password for the wireless connection (WAP) and hit the Connect button again and the password entry field collapses and nothing happens. I click the Connect button yet again and the password field expands and it’s blank. I try the same exact thing again only hitting the Enter key instead of the Connect button and the same thing happens. Still no connection. The password entry field simply collapses. No errors, no nothing.

So I restart the live session and this time in the wireless connection field I enter “manjaro” as the password first just for the sake of trying it and hoping for some sort of WAP password prompt to come up (understanding that the live session username and password is "manjaro/manjaro). Still nothing.

In short, in Netrunner Arch live session I can see no way to connect to my wireless connection even though it shows me the connection is available and gives me a password field to enter the proper WAP password. This means I can’t install it. I’ve not had this problem with 3 different versions of Manjaro (XFCE, Cinnamon and KDE), Fuduntu or Linux Mint/Cinnamon that I’ve tested on this laptop. Boot into the live session, I’m prompted for the wireless password (one way or another), I enter the password and I’m connected.

So…what am I missing here? (bangs his rather old hairy head on table)

Which networkchip are you using ?
Executing lspci | grep -i net in a terminal should list all network cards including your wireless one.

Thanks for the quick reply.

~]$ lspci | grep -i net 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566MC Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03) 03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection (rev 02)

Just to be clear, it’s not actually refusing to connect, it’s more as if the password hasn’t even been entered into the password field in the first place. The wireless connection has been already been detected and is listed among those available (3 others–my closest neighbors wireless routers, all locked). The required drivers are incorporated in the kernel itself of course, the same kernel used in Manjaro 0.8.9/XFCE which is currently installed on the same laptop.