login fails after logout

Hello,
I am experiencing an issue where if i make a new account (useradd -m XXX) and set a password with passwd XXX, then login, first time every thing is fine however if i try to logout then login again or reboot for that matter, i simply cannot login anymore.

edit: I should mention, have checked all file permissions in /home/USER/ using namei -om.
no luck either.

Only root login stays available all time, but thats not really ideal at all for me.

I have read thru logs using journalctl -b without any luck on a clue.
here is the log: http://pastebin.com/bffDmqfW

I have googled & searched multiple forums (Manjaro, Arch, Netrunner) around abit for this issue without luck either, if you find anything i may have missed, don’t hesistate to notify me :b

oh and i haven’t even introduced myself, yet.
that’ll have to wait, greets to the community for now,
Lotd :slight_smile:

Have you tried opening the Manajro Settings Manager > User Accounts > {username| > Account Type and check the user groups for the account?

I would try using the Manjaro User Accounts utility to create the new user as well.

[quote]I am experiencing an issue where if i make a new account (useradd -m XXX) and set a password with passwd XXX, then login, first time every thing is fine however if i try to logout then login again or reboot for that matter, i simply cannot login anymore.
[/quote]
What do you mean exactly you can not login anymore ?
Is the login manager not showing your user ?
Is the login manager not accepting your password ?
Is the login manager accepting the password but after a second of loading it throws you back to the login manager ?
Is login possible via tty ?(hit ctrl+alt+f1 to go to tty1 console and try login there. Note: Password is entered in a hidden way so no stars or points appear)

Ah gues i should have explained that more.
user couldn’t login in login manager nor tty nor could i use su XX to assume role as user with password and i tripple checked it everytime also tried password with no special or capital characters.

the login manager was showing user.

It seems solved after creating user with Manjaro-system-settings, gues i’ll take a look at what exactly it does :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help, i’ll return if it does :-p