Login Image

Hi, I have installed a distro NETRUNNER very attractive. I would like to know, however, how I can change the login screen, the one where you put your user name and password, because I find it a bit 'disturbing, thank you. [Google Translation]

You can find search in Systemsettings for Login Screen (LightDM) and change the background image for your theme there.

In which folder I can find it, however? [Google Translation]

Systemsettings -> Startup and Shutdown -> Login Screen

I have the same issue.

However, when I go to System Settings, I get this message:

System Settings was unable to find any views, and hence has nothing to display.

Why does this happen and what can I do?

Thanks.

Is the systemsettings package installed ?

Yes.

dpkg -l systemsettings Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad) ||/ Name Version Architecture Description +++-==============-============-============-================================= ii systemsettings 4:4.10.5-0ub amd64 System Settings

I am trying out Netrunner Enigma 5 on one partition, but usually boot into Kubuntu 12.04 LTS on another partition. I did not think that mattered, but just in case.

My image is attached:

That shouldn’t matter if you don’t use the same home directory. If you do please change this as this is probably the main problem here.

Oh dear! Does that mean that I would have to reinitialize my configurations for all my KDE applications in ~/.kde? Even if I did that how could I dual boot into Kubuntu 12.04 or Netrunner 5 and see what I am used to? Duplicating my home directory does not seem practical, which is a shame as I think Netrunner is a very good alternative to Kubuntu and I wanted to try it out for a month before switching.