Recent update issue

[code]Paketit (3): netrunnerarch-artwork-0+git20140905.dc8aae7-1 netrunnerarch-default-settings-0+git20140919.59b0164-1
netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings-0+git20140818.c296952-1

Latauksen yhteiskoko: 41,67 MiB
Asennettavan yhteiskoko: 56,77 MiB
Päivityksen yhteiskoko: 22,37 MiB

:: Jatketaanko asentamista? [K/e]
:: Noudetaan paketteja…
netrunnerarch-artwork-0+git20140905.dc8aae7-1-any 41,2 MiB 2037K/s 00:21 [##############################################] 100%
netrunnerarch-default-settings-0+git20140919.59b01… 215,1 KiB 209K/s 00:01 [##############################################] 100%
netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings-0+git2014081… 218,4 KiB 276K/s 00:01 [##############################################] 100%
(3/3) tarkastetaan avainrenkaan avaimia [##############################################] 100%
(3/3) tarkastetaan pakettien virheettömyyttä [##############################################] 100%
virhe: netrunnerarch-artwork: missing required signature
:: Tiedosto /var/cache/pacman/pkg/netrunnerarch-artwork-0+git20140905.dc8aae7-1-any.pkg.tar.xz on vahingoittunut (virheellinen tai vahingoittunut paketti (PGP-allekirjoitus)).
Haluatko poistaa sen? [K/e] E
virhe: netrunnerarch-default-settings: missing required signature
:: Tiedosto /var/cache/pacman/pkg/netrunnerarch-default-settings-0+git20140919.59b0164-1-any.pkg.tar.xz on vahingoittunut (virheellinen tai vahingoittunut paketti (PGP-allekirjoitus)).
virhe: netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings: missing required signature
:: Tiedosto /var/cache/pacman/pkg/netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings-0+git20140818.c296952-1-any.pkg.tar.xz on vahingoittunut (virheellinen tai vahingoittunut paketti (PGP-allekirjoitus)).
virhe: latauksen suorittaminen epäonnistui (virheellinen tai vahingoittunut paketti (PGP-allekirjoitus))
Yhtään pakettia ei päivitetty tapahtuneiden virheiden vuoksi.
[/code]

the update did not work.

There is an additional Update from the blue system repository today. Because of the nature of these new updates you will need to force them to install, this will requires the use of pacman from the command line:

sudo pacman -Syu --force

The Netrunner team will need to take a look at these packages and figure out why they are failing.

produces exactly the same error

[code][netrunjaro@netrunjaro ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu --force
[sudo] password for netrunjaro:
:: Päivitetään pakettitietokantoja…
blueshell on ajan tasalla
pipelight on ajan tasalla
core on ajan tasalla
extra on ajan tasalla
community on ajan tasalla
multilib on ajan tasalla
:: Aloitetaan järjestelmäpäivitys…
selvitetään riippuvuuksia…
etsitään ristiriitoja…

Paketit (3): netrunnerarch-artwork-0+git20140905.dc8aae7-1 netrunnerarch-default-settings-0+git20140919.59b0164-1
netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings-0+git20140818.c296952-1

Latauksen yhteiskoko: 41,67 MiB
Asennettavan yhteiskoko: 56,77 MiB
Päivityksen yhteiskoko: 22,37 MiB

:: Jatketaanko asentamista? [K/e]
:: Noudetaan paketteja…
netrunnerarch-artwork-0+git20140905.dc8aae7-1-any 41,2 MiB 2,38M/s 00:17 [##############################################] 100%
netrunnerarch-default-settings-0+git20140919.59b01… 215,1 KiB 303K/s 00:01 [##############################################] 100%
netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings-0+git2014081… 218,4 KiB 270K/s 00:01 [##############################################] 100%
(3/3) tarkastetaan avainrenkaan avaimia [##############################################] 100%
(3/3) tarkastetaan pakettien virheettömyyttä [##############################################] 100%
virhe: netrunnerarch-artwork: missing required signature
:: Tiedosto /var/cache/pacman/pkg/netrunnerarch-artwork-0+git20140905.dc8aae7-1-any.pkg.tar.xz on vahingoittunut (virheellinen tai vahingoittunut paketti (PGP-allekirjoitus)).
virhe: netrunnerarch-default-settings: missing required signature
:: Tiedosto /var/cache/pacman/pkg/netrunnerarch-default-settings-0+git20140919.59b0164-1-any.pkg.tar.xz on vahingoittunut (virheellinen tai vahingoittunut paketti (PGP-allekirjoitus)).
virhe: netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings: missing required signature
:: Tiedosto /var/cache/pacman/pkg/netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings-0+git20140818.c296952-1-any.pkg.tar.xz on vahingoittunut (virheellinen tai vahingoittunut paketti (PGP-allekirjoitus)).
virhe: latauksen suorittaminen epäonnistui (virheellinen tai vahingoittunut paketti (PGP-allekirjoitus))
Yhtään pakettia ei päivitetty tapahtuneiden virheiden vuoksi.
[/code]

I’m Sorry, after translating your post is realized that your keyring’s are out of date.

You’ill need to run the update like this:

sudo pacman-mirrors -g
sudo pacman -Syy
sudo pacman -S manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman -Suu

You will need to also temporarily disable the blue shell repositories untill the situation with those files is fixed, you could force them to update but this will revert any customization you made to any system files like samba configs or pulse audio fixes, etc.

Thanks. It wont even update by forcing btw. :slight_smile:

One of the files that get changed is /etc/mkinitcpio.conf but it isn’t actually reverted, additional changes are also made:

[code][martin@sgc ~]$ diff /etc/mkinitcpio.conf.pacorig /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
52c52
< HOOKS=“base udev plymouth autodetect modconf block keyboard keymap resume filesystems fsck”

HOOKS=“base udev plymouth autodetect modconf block filesystems keyboard fsck”
67c67
<

[martin@sgc ~]$[/code]
The only change I ever made to the original file was to add plymouth after base and udev.
I’m not complaining BTW, I’m just pointing this out :wink:

You don’t have to disable the repositories of blueshell. Bluesystems simply don’t ship signatures for their packages. You can savely disable the check in your pacman.conf. Either try SigLevel = Optional TrustAll or SigLevel = Never.

@philm
I didn’t suggest disabling the blueshell repository because of signatures.

These packages in their repository can cause the system to not update properly on existing systems that we’re originally installed with the 2014.04 ISO: netrunner-desktop. netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings, netrunnerarch-artwork and netrunnerarch-default-settings.

@AJSlye: I know that. 3rd-party repos might create those issues. We will try to adopt them to the regular repositories on some point.

I figured you knew. As always. no problems. :slight_smile:

I am giving netrunner rolling a go, my past experiences with arch are still with me so i am hesitant, but I dont see any update so far as I just installed yesterday.
Was this just patched or something?

This is based of Manjaro

Manjaro is still based on arch in the end, my question still stands did this get patched?

The stable branch of Manjaro updates once a month. So yes, it gets being hold back compared to Arch. Manjaro has a different repo structure too.

The stable branch of Manjaro updates when all parts in testing are considered stable, reliable and not breaking anything, this can be anywhere from every two weeks to once a month, but can also at times take longer if needed or shorter as well.