[request] Opencascade + Freecad

While trying to install from Arch User Repo, the installation of Opencascade, a dependancy of Freecad, is giving me this error:

[quote]/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.9.0/…/…/…/…/lib/crtn.o -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -mmmx -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -O2 -Wl,-O1 -Wl,–sort-common -Wl,–as-needed -Wl,-z -Wl,relro -Wl,-soname -Wl,libTKSTEP209.so.0 -o .libs/libTKSTEP209.so.0.0.0
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
libtool: install: error: relink `libTKSTEP209.la’ with the above command before installing it
Makefile:835: recipe for target ‘install-libLTLIBRARIES’ failed
make[3]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory ‘/tmp/yaourt-tmp-vero/aur-opencascade/src/opencascade-6.7.1/adm/lin/amk/TKSTEP209’
Makefile:2713: recipe for target ‘install-am’ failed
make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/tmp/yaourt-tmp-vero/aur-opencascade/src/opencascade-6.7.1/adm/lin/amk/TKSTEP209’
Makefile:431: recipe for target ‘install-recursive’ failed
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/tmp/yaourt-tmp-vero/aur-opencascade/src/opencascade-6.7.1/adm/lin/amk’
Makefile:465: recipe for target ‘install-recursive’ failed
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
[/quote]

Can anyone help with this? or Better, pacage the above two for netrunner 64-bit? thank you

To solve almost all AUR compiling errors make sure to install all of the base-devel group first before using the AUR:

sudo packman -S base-devel

next hit enter to install (default=all), and enter again to proceed with installation.

now try opencascade again.

I will test to see if it builds for me and report back.

They are all installed , all 26 of them, and up to date.

Please let me know your results.

I got the same result as yours. It must be an issue in the source code.