[RESOLVED] Firefox KDE 29.0-2 (PGP Signature Issue)

Does anyone have this issue when trying to upgrade to Firefox KDE 29.0-2?

Packages (1): firefox-kde-29.0-2

Total Installed Size:   60.44 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       0.28 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                    [#######################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                  [#######################################] 100%
error: firefox-kde: missing required signature
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/firefox-kde-29.0-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y (whether is Y or N it still have the same error)
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I performed sudo pacman -Syu and sudo pacman -Syuu still have the same issue.
[hr]
Update via Octopi also have the same issue.

Hope all this findings help.

This seems to be an general error not related to firefox. It seems like the pgp signature check was enabled for the blueshell repo by the manjaro system update.
Can you try reinstalling netrunnerarch-default-settings and see if it fixes this. (if this even works and does not complain about signature aswell)

Hi Leszek,

As adviced, I tried to reinstall netrunnerarch-default-settings and I have the same issue with the PGP signature. Below is the error message from Octopi:

Installing selected packages...

warning: netrunnerarch-default-settings-0+git20140414.d29621e-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
Packages (1): netrunnerarch-default-settings-0+git20140414.d29621e-1
Total Download Size: 0.21 MiB
Total Installed Size: 1.00 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 0.00 MiB

:: Retrieving packages ...

netrunnerarch-defau... 
checking keys in keyring 
checking package integrity 
error: netrunnerarch-default-settings: missing required signature 

:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/netrunnerarch-default-settings-0+git20140414.d29621e-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)) 
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Command finished with errors!

Then try installing the package directly from the cache with pacman

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/netrunnerarch-default-settings-0+git20140414.d29621e-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

Hi Leszek, thanks for pointing me to the correct direction. Here’s my findings:

1. netrunnerarch-default-settings-0+git20140414.d29621e-1-any.pkg.tar.xz does not exist in my system. I tried to perform sync and update but the package is not there.
  2. with power of google i found: http://arch.netrunner-os.com/x86_64/ which content the package.
  3. downloaded and placed into /var/cache/pacman/pkg
  4. run the update again and it finally updated the firefox-kde

Is there any explanation why the package was not in my system?

It should be installed unless you removed it. As for the cache it might get cleared from there by pacman after a failed install. But in general I fear the manjaro update revoked or changed some configurations made by the netrunnerarch-default-settings package which is the main root of this problem.

HHhhmm… I am sure that I do not remove it.
Anyway, the issue has been resolved.
Thanks a lot mate!

Appreciate your time and effort! :slight_smile:

When you did the last system update did you use the terminal or octopi?
The reason I ask is that the latest system update required it to be preformed via the terminal:
http://forums.netrunner-os.com/showthread.php?tid=12647

HI AJSlye,

I never use Octopi before till an hour ago. :smiley:
Yes indeed I followed the exactly the same steps as mentioned in the thread as well as a thread in Manjaro forum.

I’ve updated firefox-KDE on 3 machines now and didn’t encounter that issue, this is the only reason I asked.

PS. I wonder if you we’re just experiencing this issue: http://forums.netrunner-os.com/showthread.php?tid=11783&pid=15280, it might be worth a look just to keep from having this issue again on the next system update.

hhhmmm… it looks similiar though. I will try to keep an eye on this in the next major update.

The nice thing about Manjaro’s approach to a rolling system is that Major updates like the last one rarely happen, most are often more frequent, smaller and with a lot less issue.

Go well my friend,
AJ