[Solved] Change of mouse cursor theme not kept after restart of netrunner.

Hi,

is this a setup problem of netrunner (12.12)?

If you start your pc on which netrunner is installed and change the mouse cursor theme, the change works.

But when you restart the system the change is not kept: you have again the default mouse cursor theme :huh:

Thanks in advance.
/Saverio

Hi Saverio,

I just tested this switching cursor theme from default (DMZ white) to Oxygen White.
After restart, the cursor was Oxygen White, so no problem here.

What version are you using (i386, amd64) and which theme did you try?

Hi Starbuck,

thanks for your answer, I’m using amd64.

/Saverio

alright, will test that with amd64 as well.

Ok… please let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks /Saverio

I’m running amd64 and am not having this problem. I always install oxygen-mouse-cursors-extra and then use Oxygen Red. I set this in both places: in System Settings → Workspace Appearance → Cursor Theme, and by setting it through the alternatives system:

sudo update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme

This always works, and stays stable. And, I might say, a red mouse cursor is much harder to lose on the screen than a black or white one. :slight_smile:

I also use independent cursor themes with x64 and have not had an issue.

Confirmed to work here with amd64 as well.

@Saverio:
Maybe it’s a special mouse theme that does not work properly?

I use my favourite GlassyRainbow cursor theme in x64 via Get New Theme… in System Settings > Workspace Appearance > Cursor Theme It always works immediately and stays current in KDE without further setting, however in Gnome etc I have to manually edit the index.theme (as root user) in /usr/share/icons/default.
for example:

[Icon Theme]
Inherits=GlassyRainbow

Thank you guys, I solved!

Setting the default mouse theme (and applying it) and then changing it to another one: the mouse theme is kept after restart :smiley:

I don’t know why this happened but now it is ok.

Thanks for your answers.
/Saverio