[SOLVED] Firefox-kde fails to start after Manjaro 0.8.11 update

I’ve never had any issues with the standard Firefox myself, but I guess if you need Firefox with the KDE patches then that would depend on when the developers that put out those patches have an update to them for the latest version of Firefox, the problem there is partly due to Firefox’s latest development / release model, which has been sped up considerable.

Thanks for info. Also don’t know if the kde patches are needed or required? As don’t know what that entails.
So is this a separate push out whenever? Or will I have to wait months for the next manjaro update?

Is this a major bug that effects all manjaro or just KDE? or just netrunner users?

First and foremost let’s get this out of the way first. Manjaro normally issues update-packs every 2 -3 weeks on average. The latest update pack took longer than expected and is highly unusual for them, they did have their reasons for it though. Manjaro will also push through important security updates even faster when warranted.

Firefox is the standard version maintained by Manjaro for their repositories, so it goes through their testing process and gets updated to stable when Manjaro clears it to do so, usually as part of the next update-pack unless there is a major security fix in it, then it would get through sooner.

Firefox-KDE is a Netrunner specific package that is maintained by them for inclusion in both their standard (Kubuntu) and Rolling (Manjaro) editions. This version uses patches from opensuse and others that it needs to have applied to it before it gets compiled.

Thanks for the clarification and information on the process.

Firefox-KDE 34 is now packaged in the Netrunner Rolling Blueshell repo.

@leszek: is the new kde-34 working or do we have some to do from our end? Regarding Clemens e-mail, it might be better if I grant you access to our server and PKGBUILDs so you can upload and maintain this package directly on our servers. Else we can take over this package. Will take a look at it when I find time.

Thx, it’s working!
Firefox 34.0.5 installed :slight_smile:

Good to hear as rolled back to pre-update state.
So tonight is upgrade time!

Thanks to all for all their hard work that makes this possible!

I second that! The Netrunner/Manjaro/Arch community and all the thousands of contributors are amazing. Thank you all x

Critical security update for Mozilla Firefox and associated internationalization packages pushed out to stable repository:
https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=18430.0;topicseen

It looks like our new firefox-kde package is already updated with the patched version, but the associated internationalization packages need to be rebuilt as well.

Manjaro has also added a new package for Firefox:
firefox-spell-ru
Russian spellchecker dictionary for Firefox

Yes, I’ve updated my system and now firefox starts as expected.

Thanks.

Got the following error:

error: firefox-kde: missing required signature
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/firefox-kde-34.0.5-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I tried so far http://forums.netrunner-os.com/showthread.php?tid=11783&page=2 and this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pacman-key with no success.

Cheers

Did you check if the /etc/pacman.conf has the blueshell repo with disabled signing?
Can you post it’s contents (please post it in a quote block)

Hi leszek,
I have edited /etc/pacman.conf and changed SigLevel to “Optional TrustedOnly”.
Now the upadte worked and Firefox is running.
Thanks,

askorbeta