(Solved) Install a Lexmark Printer with Ubuntu drivers on Netrunner

Hey!

My name is Jannik and im using Netrunner Frontier.

Problem:
I want to install my Lexmak S405 printer. Lexmark offers a package for ubuntu.
When I install the package i can see the ppd files but the printer doenst work properly.

I looked into the postinst script of the deb. package. They seperate into this script by dristributions.

Can you help me to install the package?

Thanks!

Netrunner 14 is based on K/Ubuntu 14.04, of course you can install that package.
However, as far as post script processing goes for deb packages I haven’t a clue. It’s been years since I messed with debian packaging, way before even apt was invented.

I knot that fact. Problem is, that $os is not “ubuntu” or “linuxmint”, so the installation will not start!

[quote=“netzrenner, post:1, topic:2975”]
Problem:
I want to install my Lexmak S405 printer. Lexmark offers a package for ubuntu.
When I install the package i can see the ppd files but the printer doenst work properly.

I looked into the postinst script of the deb. package. They seperate into this script by dristributions.

This is just a guess, but you might try determining how Netrunner is being identified by your system. How to find my distribution

Then replace “ubuntu” in the line above with whatever you get. I would expect that the Ubuntu driver would work with Netrunner.

It worked…

But now i have the next problem. When I want to print something, cups is stopping the job. “Filter failed”

So it finally works!

Thats the way it will work great, even in Wi-Fi mode!

[list=1]
[]Download the ppd driver Package for Ubuntu from Lexmark.com.
[
]Extract with Ark
[]Extract data.tar.gz (It will look like /usr/local/lexmark/v3/)
[
]Extract control.tar.gz into a random folder
[]Open preinst with Kate
[
]Replace every “Ubuntu” with “Netrunner”
[]run prerm and then postinst as root
[
]You will find the .ppd files into “/usr/local/lexmark/v3/etc/”
[*]Print and be Happy!
[/list]

Thank you all for Helping me!

-> SOLVED

It’s been years since I messed with debian packaging, way before even apt was invented.

Arslan1