[SOLVED] Making KNotes to work when using Thundebird mail client

[hr]
I’m sorry AJ, but I’m totally lost. I’m not following what you’re instructions at all. I don’t even know where to begin.

I am not Aj. But nevertheless you need to go into the akonadi settings (ALT+F2 type akonadi and the first hit should be the correct settings app)
When the settings are open click on the second tab and change the database driver from MySQL to SQLite.
Make sure to stop the akonadi server beforehand (if it is even running. I guess it isn’t from the error message).
After changing the database driver you need to start akonadi again.
If you don’t have SQLite in the dropdown menu then you might need to install the akonadi driver backend. (Try searching for it with pacman -Ss akonadi)

My apology Leszek. I’ve gone back and forth with AJ so many times that I didn’t even pay attention that it was you. I was able to do change the driver to SQLite, and saved the settings, and… it works now.

I don’t know how to thank you, and AJ. The Netrunner team is absolutely THE BEST in the business. I truly appreciate all the hard work that you guys do behind the seen. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
fredhoud

You didn’t have to change it from mysql to SQlite, all you had to do was tick the use internal MySQL server like this:

[attachment=406]

However, I’m glad you got it working.

[hr]

[hr]
I must admit that the Rolling version is definitely not for any beginner like myself at all. I don’t understand half of the stuff you were saying! I had to look them all up. Although, I have learned a lot here, and I can’t thank you guys enough for being so patient and understanding, helping me all the way to the end until this was fixed.

One stupid question: What happens if I check that box “use internal MySQL server” like you posted instead now and switch it back to Mysql instead of Sqlite? (Don’t worry, I’m not going to do it though, because it’s working fine now). Just being curious

Thanks again,
fredhoud

Hi AJ,
FYI:
I started to launch the KNotes on my laptop with Rolling installed. I opened Akonadi server configuration, and the box “Use internal MySQL server” was already checked, but KNotes wouldn’t function. So I switched it from Mysql to SQlite, and that worked. So I answered my own question on the last post. It doesn’t work in my case. You must check the SQlite.

That’s odd, I just checked and here is what I have installed on my system for SQL:

[attachment=409]

And it works with the settings I posted earlier. Oh well, at least it’s working for you now. :slight_smile: