[SOLVED] Migration from Manjaro - Netrunner Artwork/Settings

Hello!

I’ve been running Manjaro-KDE on two machines, and when I couldn’t get one of them to launch the 3.14 kernel, I decided it was a sign for me to install Netrunner Rolling (which has been AMAZING, I must say – extremely fast boot, very clean and fast once in the system).

I chose not to re-format the /home partition, keeping my data and settings intact. For the most part this has presented no problems with the Netrunner installation. All I had to do was reinstall software and tweak a few things, but everything works so far. Plus, the 3.14 kernel loaded without a problem, updating GRUB accordingly.

Unfortunately, having kept the /home partition from the Manjaro installation, the desktop is basically the same as it was when running Manjaro – no Netrunner artwork or visual settings, which is one of the main things I wanted to check out.

What would be the correct way to purge the Manjaro artwork/settings and install the Netrunner version? I looked in Octopi and see that “netrunner-desktop,” “netrunnerarch-artwork,” “netrunnerarch-default-settings” and “netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings” are all installed – I just don’t know how to activate them.

Thanks for your help, and congratulations on this awesome distro!

In that case you need to set the theming yourself in systemsettings. All the themes from Netrunner should be there already.
Gnome3 window decoration
Oxygen icon theme
Enlightenment desktoptheme

[quote]In that case you need to set the theming yourself in systemsettings. All the themes from Netrunner should be there already.
Gnome3 window decoration
Oxygen icon theme
Enlightenment desktoptheme
[/quote]

Many thanks – I made the changes and it looks great.

One more question – the Homerun Kicker menu icon still shows the Manjaro symbol. Going into settings for Homerun Kicker, I don’t see any obvious choices for the Netrunner icon:

I tried “veromix.png” but that didn’t work – do you know where I can find the Netrunner icon image?

Thanks again!

/usr/share/pixmaps/homerun.svgz

PS. you have to remove the file types from the line and leave it blank to select the file…

AJSlye, that absolutely did the trick. Thanks VERY much – everything looks and runs great now. I’ll add [SOLVED] to the title.