(Solved) Sound device priority with Bluetooth

I’m having an issue trying to use Bluetooth to play music from my Acer Aspire One notebook on a Yamaha Sound Bar. Everything appears to connect properly and the Sound Bar is a higher priority device than the internal sound card in the Sound settings. I even get the widget/status bar notification that the Sound Bar has replaced the internal sound card for music playback because it has higher priority. Yet the Sound Bar does not play the music from Clementine; the internal sound card/speakers do. I can play music through the Sound Bar using VLC Media Player because it allows me to specifically select the sound device, but Clementine has no such option.

Any idea how to get Clementine to play via the Sound Bar as Netrunner indicates it “should be” doing but isn’t? I have gotten Clementine to play via other Bluetooth speakers but cannot seem to make this setup work.

Thanks,
Dave

So after several attempts, I finally got it to work. Not sure what fixed it. I deleted the Yamaha device from the Bluetooth list and went through the recognition process several times. I know I applied the device preference order to all the audio playback options (not just music) in audio system settings, but I had done that previously to no avail. I also selected the Yamaha device in the hardware setup tab of audio settings, but again, that was something I had tried without success previously. I don’t know if the order of the modifications makes any difference. But at least it works now.

I don’t know if the order of the modifications makes any difference. But at least it works now.

You can easily check out our high quality http://e-six-sigma.com which prepares you well simmons.edu for the You can also get success in real Stevenson University