Title bar and dropdown menu's

Hi All, I am new to Netrunner and am having some issues with KDE. I am running an old 6710b lappy on which I previously ran Kubuntu with out any problems. Foolishly I replaced it with Mint cinnamon but was less than impressed any way before I reloaded Kubuntu I came across netrunner on Distrowatch and decided to give it a go. The live usb ran fine but now it is installed I have the following problems.
Firstly the Title Bar from all windows has dissappeared and drop-down menu’s in Firefox and Thunderbird and some other apps disappear as soon as I move the cursor to them.
I tried turning the desktop effects off and got a message sying the window manager wasn’t working.
Any ideas.

Cheers Will
Noob

Hello Will,

that sounds very weird, though it could be the effects on an older system are too consuming, it then is mostly fixed with just turning “BLUR” off under System Settings - Desktop Effects - unticking BLUR.
Do you have any screenshot of this (Press the “Print” Button or start ksnaphot manually from the menu)?

[attachment=5][quote=“starbuck, post:2, topic:634”]
Hello Will,

that sounds very weird, though it could be the effects on an older system are too consuming, it then is mostly fixed with just turning “BLUR” off under System Settings - Desktop Effects - unticking BLUR.
Do you have any screenshot of this (Press the “Print” Button or start ksnaphot manually from the menu)?
[/quote]

Hi Starbuck,
Tried turning Blur off, didn’t make any difference. I have attached one screenshot however the others I took are to large (>500Kb) to be loaded.
I have tried changing from xrender and back to opengl but to no avail.

Regards Will