Trying desperatley to install Netrunner 13.12

Hi, I hope someone can help me with my problem as I really like netrunner.

I downloaded iso, (two seperate sources, torrent and direct) tried them both.

Install process seems to be going fine, it is running Netrunner, letting me browse through it and connect to internet etc, but every time at approx 66%, during “hardware config”, I get an “installer crashed” error

I was using unetbootin, the same process i use for all my distros, (i have had about 5 or 6 at this stage but am still relatively new to linux) I tried using “usb-imagewriter” this morning, the ISO. is on there, however that is not booting despite me changing boot preferences, which always worked before. I also installed another programme called YUMI, however, that crashes out as soon as I start to run it

I really really want this to work as I love the look and feel of Netrunner, I would appreciate if someone could give me some advice/suggestions? or point me i the right direction.

Post (please use quotation or code tags) the detailed error output from the installer when its failing. The error output is saved to a file in /var/log/messages. You can also attach the whole file if you give it the extension .txt to successfully upload to this forum.

Installer crushing at 66%? I had similar problem when I was trying to install Netrunner 13.12 on a new Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro. The problem was in default UEFI booting. Ubuntu can be booted like that, but Netrunner fails. I entered BIOS settings before the system boots and disable UEFI (I’ve set booting to legacy mode I believe) and disable Secure Boot as well. It went through, booted and installation proceeded to completion.
But it doesn’t have to be UEFI all the time. “Hardware Configuration” seem to be rather generic tipping point during installation.