Currently updated and/or supported kernels:
[list]Linux310 3.10.71
Linux312 3.12.38
Linux313 3.13.11.16
Linux314 3.14.35
Linux316 3.16.7.8
Linux318 3.18.9
Linux319 3.19.1[/list]
This update-pack also includes all regular Archlinux upstream fixes as of Mar 13. 2015.

Added to the repositories:
New Plasma 5 and SDDM theme by mcder3 called Maia.
David Linares (mcder3) is the newest member of the Manjaro artwork team.

Before updating, check if you have followed lines in your /etc/pacman.conf file:

# If upgrades are available for these packages they will be asked for first
SyncFirst    = manjaro-system

If not then add them, otherwise you can perform this update as usual using octopi or from the command line:

sudo pacman -Syyu

Note: A reboot is required if your running kernel received an update.

Official Manjaro announcement: https://manjaro.github.io/Update-2015-03-13_(stable)/
Official Manjaro forum feedback thread and poll: https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=21275.0;topicseen

Update works nice, thank you. Try to install the new plasma5-themes-maia but pacman ends up with errors shown below.

[code]Pakete (5) breeze-5.2.1-1 frameworkintegration-5.7.0-1 kdecoration-5.2.1-1 ttf-oxygen-1:5.2.1-1
plasma5-themes-maia-0.2.0-9

Gesamtgröße der zu installierenden Pakete: 123,32 MiB

:: Installation fortsetzen? [J/n] j
(5/5) Prüfe Schlüssel im Schlüsselring [################################] 100%
(5/5) Überprüfe Paket-Integrität [################################] 100%
(5/5) Lade Paket-Dateien [################################] 100%
(5/5) Prüfe auf Dateikonflikte [################################] 100%
Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang nicht durchführen (In Konflikt stehende Dateien)
breeze: /usr/share/wallpapers/Next/contents/images/1280x1024.png existiert im Dateisystem
breeze: /usr/share/wallpapers/Next/contents/images/1280x800.png existiert im Dateisystem
breeze: /usr/share/wallpapers/Next/contents/images/1440x900.png existiert im Dateisystem
breeze: /usr/share/wallpapers/Next/contents/images/1600x1200.png existiert im Dateisystem
breeze: /usr/share/wallpapers/Next/contents/images/1680x1050.png existiert im Dateisystem
breeze: /usr/share/wallpapers/Next/contents/images/1920x1080.png existiert im Dateisystem
breeze: /usr/share/wallpapers/Next/contents/images/2560x1440.png existiert im Dateisystem
breeze: /usr/share/wallpapers/Next/contents/images/2560x1600.png existiert im Dateisystem
breeze: /usr/share/wallpapers/Next/contents/screenshot.png existiert im Dateisystem
breeze: /usr/share/wallpapers/Next/metadata.desktop existiert im Dateisystem
Fehler sind aufgetreten, keine Pakete wurden aktualisiert.
[/code]

This is a know issue with the breeze theme package and files installed during the original installation process.

Did you update from KDE SC 4 to plasma 5 using my tutorial here:
http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=17392

If not then then these themes and corresponding packages were designed for use under Plasma 5 and not KDE SC 4 (Plasma 4).

When I try

sudo  pacman -Syyu

it tells me there are no packages to update. /etc/pacman.conf has Sync-First line.

Maybe I should wait a few hours?

I updated this morning already, check your mirror here to see if it has synced yet: http://repo.manjaro.org/

Thanks for that hint. I have done all the things from the tutorial and now the Maia theme works (alongside with the others). How I get the Netrunner specific artwork back?

@ playforvoices

As long as you followed my tutorial to the letter then these are all installed on the system, however Plasma 5/KF5 stores all of it’s settings and files in completely different locations than KDE SC 4/kdelib4 does. Take a look at post #5 in that same thread for more information on this. http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=17392&pid=26499#pid26499

@ Avonidas

Try updating the mirror list using rank-mirrors first:

sudo pacman-mirrors -g

Ok, I just had to run pacman-mirrors. Updating now…

LOL, I must have been suggesting you try just that as you were posting. :wink:

[quote author=Kirek link=topic=21275.msg190054#msg190054 date=1426367686]
@jarco
Install “steam-manjaro”. manjaro-system should have take care of that, for some reason it didn’t work for you. [/quote]

Same issue for me Steam uninstalled left Icon in the menu running Netrunner Rolling. Looking at steam-manjaro is not installed. But dialog pops up optional for catalyst and nvidia even tho using the open drivers on ati 4350 legacy card.

And it wants to install 58 more additional packages.

gcc-libs-multilib-4.9.2-4 gperftools-2.4-1 gtk-sharp-2-2.12.22-1 lib32-at-spi2-atk-2.14.1-1 lib32-at-spi2-core-2.14.1-1 lib32-colord-1.2.8-2 lib32-cracklib-2.9.1-1 lib32-dbus-glib-0.102-1 lib32-dconf-0.22.0-1 lib32-gconf-3.2.6-1 lib32-gperftools-2.2-1 lib32-gtk3-3.14.9-1 lib32-js17-17.0.0-2 lib32-json-glib-1.0.2-1 lib32-lcms2-2.6-1 lib32-libappindicator-12.10.0-2.1 lib32-libcurl-gnutls-7.40.0-0 lib32-libdbusmenu-glib-12.10.2-1.1 lib32-libdbusmenu-gtk2-12.10.2-10 lib32-libgcrypt15-1.5.3-2 lib32-libgusb-0.2.4-2 lib32-libindicator-12.10.1-4 lib32-libmikmod-3.3.7-1 lib32-libpng12-1.2.52-1 lib32-libsoup-2.48.0-1 lib32-libtirpc-0.2.5-1 lib32-libwebp-0.4.2-1 lib32-libxkbcommon-0.5.0-1 lib32-libxml2-2.9.2-1 lib32-ncurses-5.9-3 lib32-openal-1.16.0-1 lib32-pam-1.1.8-5 lib32-polkit-0.112-4 lib32-readline-6.3.006-1 lib32-rest-0.7.92-1 lib32-sdl-1.2.15-6 lib32-sdl2-2.0.3-1 lib32-sdl2_image-2.0.0-1 lib32-sdl_image-1.2.12-3 lib32-sdl_mixer-1.2.12-1 lib32-smpeg-0.4.5-1 lib32-speex-1.2rc2-1 lib32-speexdsp-1.2rc3-1 lib32-tcp_wrappers-7.6-17 libdbusmenu-glib-12.10.2-4 libdbusmenu-gtk2-12.10.2-4 libgdiplus-3.12-1 libindicator-gtk2-12.10.1-5 libindicator-gtk3-12.10.1-5 libmikmod-3.3.7-1 libpng12-1.2.51-1.1 mono-3.12.1-1 mono-addins-1.1-1 sdl2-2.0.3-1 sdl_mixer-1.2.12-4 smpeg-0.4.5-1 steam-manjaro-1.0.0.49-8.2 tcp_wrappers-7.6-16

Still haven’t reinstalled Steam yet as not sure whats going on.

Yes, I just noticed the same thing, steam-manjaro did not install after steam was removed.
However the listings for steam and steam native in the menu were removed on my system.
I’ll post this issue on the official Manjaro feedback thread.

The additional 58 updates were because most of the mirrors took a very long time to get synced.
Actually, there are quite a few mirrors that are still out of date: http://repo.manjaro.org/repository-state

There are now another 12 additional updates posted on 03-15 as a quick fix to some issues:
https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=21275.msg190149#msg190149

I hate to ask such a basic question, but here goes. I did this update, and the follow-on with no problems. I would like to proceed with updating from plasma 4 to 5 per the tutorial, but I’m stopped right at the beginning. I’ve searched all over the place for how to access the repository editor in Octopi, and all I can find are instructions to go the tools > repository editor. I have no “tools” menu on my Octopi, just File, View, Search, Transaction, and Help. Running version 0.6.0-2.

@ Lakesidepete

Yes, the repoeditor is not installed by default any longer, it was moved into a separate package with the addition of the octopi-cachecleaner package:

sudo pacman -S octopi-repoeditor  octopi-cachecleaner

Now, if your already up-to-date with the KDE SC 4.14.6 and KDE applications 14.12.3, then you can go ahead and move the blueshell repository down to the bottom of the list right before custom and continue with the Plasma 5 upgrade.

Note: if your using veromix from the blueshell repository it is out of date and not compatible with Plasma 5.
[hr]

@ Orbmiser

Phil braugt to my attesion that the manjaro-system package should have installed steam-manjaro after it removed steam and/or steam-native.
Here is the actual code in the manjaro-system script:

# steam replacement
	pacman -Qq steam &> /tmp/cmd1
	pacman -Qq steam-native &> /tmp/cmd2
	if [[ "$(grep 'steam' /tmp/cmd1)" == "steam" && "$(grep 'steam-native' /tmp/cmd2)" == "steam-native" ]]; then
		msg "Replacing steam and steam-native with steam-manjaro ..."
		rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck &> /dev/null
		pacman --noconfirm -Rdd steam steam-native
		pacman --noconfirm -S steam-manjaro
	fi     
	if [[ "$(grep 'steam' /tmp/cmd1)" == "steam" && "$(grep 'steam-native' /tmp/cmd2)" == *"not"* ]]; then
		msg "Replacing steam with steam-manjaro ..."
		rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck &> /dev/null
		pacman --noconfirm -Rdd steam
		pacman --noconfirm -S steam-manjaro
	fi

Are you sure that you checked your pacman.conf for SyncFirst prior to running the update as noted in both Phil’s and my announcements?

And yes SyncFirst = manjaro-system is in there.

[code]#

/etc/pacman.conf

See the pacman.conf(5) manpage for option and repository directives

GENERAL OPTIONS

[options]

The following paths are commented out with their default values listed.

If you wish to use different paths, uncomment and update the paths.

#RootDir = /
#DBPath = /var/lib/pacman/
#CacheDir = /var/cache/pacman/pkg/
#LogFile = /var/log/pacman.log
#GPGDir = /etc/pacman.d/gnupg/
HoldPkg = pacman glibc manjaro-system

If upgrades are available for these packages they will be asked for first

SyncFirst = manjaro-system
#XferCommand = /usr/bin/curl -C - -f %u > %o
#XferCommand = /usr/bin/wget --passive-ftp -c -O %o %u
#CleanMethod = KeepInstalled
#UseDelta = 0.7
Architecture = auto

Pacman won’t upgrade packages listed in IgnorePkg and members of IgnoreGroup

#IgnorePkg =
#IgnoreGroup =

#NoUpgrade =
#NoExtract =

Misc options

#UseSyslog
#Color
#TotalDownload
CheckSpace
#VerbosePkgLists

By default, pacman accepts packages signed by keys that its local keyring

trusts (see pacman-key and its man page), as well as unsigned packages.

SigLevel = Required DatabaseOptional
LocalFileSigLevel = Optional
#RemoteFileSigLevel = Required

NOTE: You must run pacman-key --init before first using pacman; the local

keyring can then be populated with the keys of all official Manjaro Linux

packagers with pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro.

REPOSITORIES

- can be defined here or included from another file

- pacman will search repositories in the order defined here

- local/custom mirrors can be added here or in separate files

- repositories listed first will take precedence when packages

have identical names, regardless of version number

- URLs will have $repo replaced by the name of the current repo

- URLs will have $arch replaced by the name of the architecture

Repository entries are of the format:

[repo-name]

Server = ServerName

Include = IncludePath

The header [repo-name] is crucial - it must be present and

uncommented to enable the repo.

[blueshell]
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
Server=http://arch.netrunner-os.com/$arch

[core]
SigLevel = PackageRequired
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

[extra]

[community]

If you want to run 32 bit applications on your x86_64 system,

enable the multilib repositories as required here.

[multilib]

An example of a custom package repository. See the pacman manpage for

tips on creating your own repositories.

#[custom]
#SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
#Server = file:///home/custompkgs[/code]

OK, but I just noticed this line in my pacman.conf file that maybe what is causing this issues:

I’m not sure if this is supposed to be there or even what added it. I’m going to ask this one now.

On my desktop smooth sailing, no problems.

On my laptop the update destroyed my system, I recovered it from a USB that I use for back up and redid the update and then mostly OK.

However, I can’t start octopi, reinstalling does not help. Pacman works though…

Yep updates seem to be getting more problematic and more hardware issues specific. I’m still waiting as no hurry about the Steam being uninstalled explanation that Aj is waiting on an answer about the issue.

As shows nothing installed for steam after the upgrade. But still have a Icon for it in the menu under games.

OK, Orbmiser if found what caused both yours and my issues.

I tracked this down to when I ran the update-pack, the manjaro-system script removed the two packages steam and steam-native but it couldn’t install steam-manjaro afterwords because at that time none of the mirrors were completely synced yet and that package hadn’t been uploaded to any of them yet.

I also had never run steam so my shortcuts were removed like they were supposed to, however if you did run steam then it made new menu shortcuts for itself in ~.local/share/applications/, so those are what is showing in your menu now and NOT the ones those packages made themselves.

If you do use and need steam, then you’ll need to install the steam-manjaro package yourself.

Any suggestions on why octopi would suddenly not run?

It is fine on my desktop but my laptop it just won’t launch, I see that circe thing going on for a while in the taskbar then disappears and octopi will not launch. The dialog box that asks for the password doesn’t appear either.

Running octopi from the terminal doesn’t work either and there is no feedback or messages.

Using kdesu octopi though will launch octopi, the dialogbox for the password pops up then then octopi.

If I edit the applications in the launcher and instead of octopit have kdesu octopi as command it will launch, but I could not find/search the AUR which I don’t know if it is related or not.

Very strange stuff, any ideas?

Cheers…