[Update] 2015-03-13

This sounds like some packages were not updated properly or got missed , try a re-sync of the mirrors and update again:

sudo pacman-mirrors -g
sudo pacman -Syy
sudo pacman -S pacman manjaro-system
sudo pacman -Suu

Thanks for the suggestion AJSlye, unfortunately that didn’t seem to work.

I was thinking of maybe trying a reinstall of everything

pacman -S $(pacman -Qqen)as per the Manjaro pacman page.

Wonder if that would help with anything.

i don’t really need octopi, i can just fine cope with the command line, it is more if htere is something more under the surface, that is going on…

@ Platon91

Is your system that is having the issue still running KDE SC 4 (4.14.6) or did you update the system to Plasma 5 via my tutorial?

If your still on KDE SC 4 do you have the kdesu 5.7.0 package installed or are you still using the one in the kdebase-runtime 14.12.3 package?

No, I haven’t installed the plasma 5 yet waiting a bit for that one.

I don’t have the kdesu 5.7.0 at least, that much I could figure, however searching for kdesu nothing pops up as installed, although I can execute kdesu. When searching for installed stuff with kdebase there are a bunch of kdebase-runtime 14.12.3 packages popping up,but there is nothing called kdesu or such, what should I be looking for?

Searching for root I get rootactions-servicemenu and xdg-su 1.2.3-1 for example and some other stuff.

Should I try and install kdesu 5.7.0?

Cheers

OK, There is both a kdesu package 5.7.0 which is the QT5/frameworks version there is also a kdesu executable that is a QT4/KDElibs4 version. Octopi 0.6 requires the 5.7.0 version to be installed, but by execiting kdesu from the command line your using the later. Both versions can be installed at the same time since one is an executable and the other is a frameworks library.

sudo pacman -S kdesu

Also, make sure that the version of octopi-notifier that is installed is the qt4 version and not the qt5 or hte frameworks versions as these two are NOT compatible with KDE SC 4. If you wish to have the new octopi-repoeditor and octopi-cachecleaner installed then you will also need to install these yourself as well.

PS. octopi now defaults to showing only installed apps, you’d need to click on View > All or Not Installed for kdesu to appear in the search.

Thanks for the suggestions AJSlye, unfortunately even installing kdesu didn’t do it. I can still launch it with kdesu but from the application launcher I can’t launch it unless i change the command to have kdesu, is that safe to do? And the new update didn’t change things in that regard.

The other thing is that when i launched that way, with kdesu, under groups I could not see yaourt, something that happened to my other PC that was running octopi fine not until the latest update, however on my laptop it was like that from the update before.

I started wondering if I somehow have been getting some testing/unstable updates, but as far as I know I haven’t been playing around/modifying the repositories so I don’t think so…

Cheers

Edit: The octopi notifier works though, does that one depend at all on octopi to work or is it totally independent?