[Update] 2015-05-30

Manjaro 0.8.12 update-pack 10 now online:

Today’s update Includes the following:

All kernels were patched to fix a nasty “Data corruption on software RAID 0 when discard 2 is used”-bug.
An updated tool-chain (there are still some packages that need patches to be compatible to gcc5)
A few Manjaro maintained packages received some fixes as well.
And finally, Plasma 5 was updated to version 5.3.1 (this should fix some issues with dolphin as well as be important to anyone that followed my upgrade from KDE SC 4 to Plasma 5 procedure)

This update-pack also includes all regular Archlinux upstream fixes as of May 27, 2015.

You can perform this update as usual using octopi or from the command line:

sudo pacman -Syyu

Note: A reboot is required due to the rebuilding of all kernels for the patch mentioned earlier.

There is currently no official announcement from the Manjaro team as they are busy building install medias for Manjaro 0.8.13-rc2: https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=23155.0

All went smoothly, thanks for the update news …

Dave
(aka timber)

Please note that because of the depreciation of kcm-about-distro (merged into systemservices5 and kinfocenter), the logo in About Distro under System Settings and in Kinfocenter will be reverted back to the Manjaro Logo.

No problems while updating, but the mkinitcpio.conf got overwritten, and the new hooks line had no lvm2, so the initramfs got recreated without lvm2, and it couldn’t boot. Thankfully, that was a solved problem, so it’s all good.

Update went smooth. But still have the Dolphin places & devices issue in 4.14.8.
No root folder and devices I have hidden showing everything at launching of dolphin.

And thought the fix was in the pipeline? And should have been in the update?

Did you try this yet?
http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=17593&pid=27610#pid27610

Posted results there must of missed it with my dozen or so surviving neurons sparking intermittently and missing that one.