[Update] 2015-12-17

Major update today.
Due to a C++ ABI update there are many packages rebuilt and updated.

Manjaro 15.09 (15.12-rc2) update-pack 10:

Included in this update:
Plasma 5.5.1
KDE Frameworks 5.17
Steam-manjaro 1.0.0.51-3
GTK 3.18.6-1
QT4 4.8.7-5
QT5 5.5.1
Libreoffice fresh 5.0.3-2
Discover 5.5.1
Octopi 0.8.0-2
Many other bug fixes and updates.

Note:

1. Linux kernel 4.2 has reached EOL, it is recommended changing to another kernel series.
  2. The following packages have been dropped from our repositories due to official upstream Plasma 5 replacements:
    kdeconnect-git – kdeconnect
    ttf-noto-sans-fonts – noto-fonts
    gnome-breeze-git – breeze-gtk
    It is recommended (but not required) that these package be removed and the official package be installed from the Manjaro repositories. The gnome-breeze-git and kdeconnect-git packages will continue to receive updates via the AUR using octopi as they become available. Modification to Gnome Application Style (GTK) settings under system settings > Desktop Appearance will be required if you swap these two packages out. The noto-fonts package is installed by default with the frameworkintegration package update. The ttf-noto-sans-fonts package will be ignored by the system so it should be safe to remove this package.
  3. Support for oxygen icons has been dropped upstream and will receive no further updates.
  4. The graphics have been removed from our Blue-x splash screen. However, the Netrunner splash screen theme still has the graphics at this time if you still wish to still have our splash screen during log in.
  5. Support for KDE4 has been officially dropped upstream, all KDE4 users should take the time now to switch over to Plasma 5

Supported kernels:

• Linux310 3.10.94
  • Linux312 3.12.51
  • Linux313 3.13.11.31
  • Linux314 3.14.58
  • Linux316 3.16.7.21
  • Linux318 3.18.25
  • Linux319 3.19.8.11
  • Linux41 4.1.15
  • Linux42 4.2.8
  • Linux43 4.3.3
  • Linux44 4.4-rc5

This update also includes the usual Archlinux upstream fixes as of Thu. Dec 17, 2015

Due to the size and nature of this update the following command line is recommended to perform this update:

sudo pacman -Syyu

Official Manjaro forum thread: https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=29156.0

Update went 1st reboot just black screen. Hit Reset button and rebooted fine to desktop.
Didn’t remember my automount usb drives from before. So went to settings and saw double-vision.

Clicked on left one and set removable drives. On re-boot they auto-mounted fine.
No other issues yet that I can see. Will continue checking it out.

One thing is a M anjoro Icon in system tray for 15 additional Language packs.
Do I need these? Why would I want 15 languages on my setup?

Yea, the two Removable Drives is an upstream Plasma issue, one of them needs a new name, something like removable media maybe.

Just refresh your repositories and the manjaro-settings-manager icon will go away, I’m not quite sure what’s causing this. All I can say for sure is that the kcm-msm, and manjaro-settings-manager packages, have both receive a lot of updates in the unstable and testing branches lately.

Okey Dokey thanks for the info.

I do not know if I should wait, but this is what I got on upgrading with the recommended command:

[code]error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)

plasma-workspace: /etc/xdg/autostart/xembedsniproxy.desktop exists in filesystem
plasma-workspace: /usr/bin/xembedsniproxy exists in filesystem
ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/doc-index-126.html exists in filesystem
ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/doc-index-35.html exists in filesystem
ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/doc-index-37.html exists in filesystem
ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/doc-index-38.html exists in filesystem
ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/doc-index-42.html exists in filesystem
ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/doc-index-46.html exists in filesystem
ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/doc-index-61.html exists in filesystem
ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/doc-index-94.html exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.[/code]

The xembedsniproxy was installed to facilitate the display of the Dropbox icon in the system tray, IIRC.

FYI, I did not explicitly remove the three packages mentioned above as I had not seen this thread then.

Thanks.

You’ll need to remove the xembed-sni-proxy package, it has already been integrated into Plasma-workspaces upstream.
This is why that package was removed from the Manjaro repositories.

You don’t have to remove those if you don’t want to, it is just recommended if you would rather install and use the official versions.
However, ttf-noto-sans-fonts should be removoved if you need the HD space since it’s not being used by your system anyway.

Thanks, I have removed xembed-sni-proxy in ooctopi and that error message has gone now.

But the ghc-related error messages remain and I still cannot update.

The only haskell-related package that I had installed from external repos using yaourt was haskell-pandoc-crossref which was changed to the standard repos during the previous update.

Indeed, the only alien packages on my system are related to the atom-editor and pdftk, which I believe have no haskell or ghc dependencies.

How would I overcome the ghc-related errors?

Well, first lets find out what owns those files:

sudo pacman -pacman -Qo /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/doc-index-126.html

Then if possible remove that package.
If no package owns these, then it’s probably leftovers from an AUR install package that wasn’t removed properly.
If so, then you can safely remove those files.

This could also just be another package that was previously installed from the AUR, that has just been added to the Manjaro repository as well.

For the record, I think the code above should read:

sudo pacman -Qo /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/doc-index-126.html

This gives

No package owns /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/doc-index-126.html

It was the same for the other files.

I removed them and my upgrade is underway. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Oops, Typo. :smiley: