Virtualbox guest installation: 32 bit?

On the Netrunner download page:
“If you run Netrunner in a VirtualBox, please use the 32bit version, 1 GB RAM and 10 GB diskspace.”

Why not the 64 bit version?

I am running the 64 bit version as a Virtualbox guest with 2 GB RAM and 20 GB diskspace and not seeing any problems yet. However, I do not want to set myself up for future troubles.

You should be fine but you may not have video acceleration, etc… The 64 bit ISO doesn’t have the virtual box kernel modules installed, I believe this was done to conserve disk space, the 32 bit ISO does have them, once you install the system to virtual box you may want to install this package:
sudo pacman -S linux310-virtualbox-guest-modules

I just ran the 64 bit ISO in a VM and the 64 bit ISO does have the linux310-virtualbox-guest-modules installed. Installing the system to the virtual hard disk, also installs this package.

I set up the guest machine with 128 MB of video memory and enabled 3D acceleration, however I could not get KDE to accept the use of OpenGL. For my uses, I do not need 3D acceleration, so this is of no consequence to me.

I just checked and on my 32 bit machine I have virtualbox, virtualgl, both module packages, etc installed, on the 64 bit machine it only has virtualgl installed, both are default installs, weird.