Will 13.06 ever be updated

I think I have read somewhere that Netrunner have stuck with kernel 3.8.0-23 & kde 4.10.3, in case of regressions.
Will this be the case for the life of 13.06, or are we to expect updates at sometime?

after i update netrunner 13.06 i ger KDE Version 4.10.4

The only thing disabled but default is update notification (muon updater)
You can still update system manually, using muon, synaptic or terminal.

Thanks for your replies codeslinger.
I have just enabled kubuntu backports ppa & got kde update.
What about the kernel though?
A newer one is in the repos, but it is not being updated automatically.

I have been running the muon updater regularly mostly for security fixes.
Currently KDE is at 4.10.5 with zero problems.
I have to say that this is the most stable & bug free KDE experience I have ever had.

I am, however, affected by the regressions in newer Ubuntu kernels on my UEFI PC.
Basically, none of the Ubuntu family are installable EXCEPT Netrunner 13.06 on that PC.
(By the way, no other distro except Sabayon 13.06 is installable on that particular PC either)
So for me updating the kernel is a no go until it can be confirmed that a nerwer kernel is free of these regressions.

I recommend Netrunner because of the cautious attitude of the dev’s.
I am sick and tired of crashy Linux distro’s.

Regards,
Chris

For UEFI victims I always recommend disabling UEFI and using the BIOS compatibility mode. (Ok agree it might not work with a parallel installed Windows, but who needs that anyway :P)

I know, but I like to make life hard for myself hehe :wink:

I stubbornly stick to using all the UEFI BIOS ‘bells & whistles’.
Two reasons : first, it’s really hard to decipher all the many options in the new firmware, and, two, with a UEFI + SSD I rather enjoy the 5 seconds to boot to a log in screen with a few seconds more to a usable desktop! :slight_smile:

Unless you are a firmware engineer it’s quite time consuming to decipher all the different terms for the same thing in different BIOS implentations from all the different manufacturers…

Chris

p.s. I’d really love to know why, of all Linux distro’s, only Netrunner & Sabayon can be installed & run on my Gigabyte B75M-D3H mainboard? I do understand that most distro’s don’t have UEFI support or are only in early stages but that does not explain why Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Gnobuntu/Mint fail when Netrunner does not?? What is the secret sauce in Netrunner??? Sorry, hijacking the thread…

[quote]Unless you are a firmware engineer it’s quite time consuming to decipher all the different terms for the same thing in different BIOS implentations from all the different manufacturers…
[/quote]
I know some and they also have the problem :stuck_out_tongue:
Take for example the way to enter that uefi firmware. Some use F1 key, some F2 other F12 and so on. So I heard of an firmware engineer he just presses all the F Keys during the first boot seconds to get in the uefi. if this just does not work he reboots until he is in.

So I think this is a general problem for all.