14.2 DvD install not working

Downloaded and burned 14.2 and 16 on to DVD’s tried to boot and install but just got a message to insert media and press any key same happens with 16 as well but can put 14.1 DVD in and it boots right up and installs. [Q] are these versions to be installed by flash drive only.

Thanks Dave :huh:

Did you try the DVD in another computer to see if it works. I’ve hit that with other isos before where it doesn’t quite burn right. You may also try using the USB image creator and make a bootable USB drive and see how that works for you.

Do not perform a fresh installation now, apparently the update process from the mirrors break the system.

SM

This is not true.
As long as you stick to the defaults in the update process with muon everything works fine.

Don’t tick boxes that aren’t ticked in the muon update manager though.

thanks for your interest. I did again a clean install with separate partitions for / and /home.
After that i update the mirrors using muon updater.
Then always with muon i did the update. libkdecoration4abi2 was not proposed at the installation.

[quote]After that i update the mirrors using muon updater.
Then always with muon i did the update. libkdecoration4abi2 was not proposed at the installation.
[/quote]
Yes that was fixed in the meantime :slight_smile: