Agros2D FEM

Hello,

I am trying to install the Agros2D finite-elment code (http://www.agros2d.org/ ), which is based on the hpfem-hermes, which is in the AUR repository.

In order to compile the hpfem-hermes, trilinos needs to be added on the depends list in PKGBUILD. I tried figuring out how to update that on the AUR website, but couldn’t figure it out.

I would like to also be able to use the ExodusII FEM mesh, if at all possible, but I can’t seem to get it to compile with the libraries available on source forge.

Regardless, I am having trouble with the Agros2D compilation. Namely, I get the following error, on the first step of configuring cmake.

[code]CMake Error at hermes/CMakeLists.txt:330 (find_package):
By not providing “FindXSD.cmake” in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by “XSD”, but
CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by “XSD” with any of
the following names:

XSDConfig.cmake
xsd-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of “XSD” to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set “XSD_DIR”
to a directory containing one of the above files. If “XSD” provides a
separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.
[/code]

I am not quite sure how to resolve this. I could not find these files anywhere, though there is some advice online to download the FindXSD.cmake. But, with that, I still failed.

I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

Also, as a disclosure, I sent this issue to the github which hosts the Agros2D code. I’ve also previously e-mail the developers a few weeks ago without much response.

Cheers.

When yaourt asks you if you wish to edit the pkgbuild enter y, it will then ask what editor you wish to use, I would suggest nano. add the dependency to the depends line, save (cntrl+o) and exit(cntrl+x), answer n the next time it asks and continue as normal.

Please consider going to that packages AUR page and leave a comment (you will need to create an account to do this):

https://aur.archlinux.org/

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hpfem-hermes-git/

Hello,

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. I know how to edit the PKGBUILD and I did so. I am not sure how to take ownership of an orphaned repo (as hpfem-hermes-git is) and fix it up. Conversely, this is not my main concern. So, really, please just disregard it.

I need help compiling Agros2D, which is absolutely not in the repo, therefore yaourt is of no use in this case.

Thank you.

I apologize for misunderstanding what you needed.

Just download the source code from git and follow the instructions on their site as to compiling and installation as you normally would on any platform (Linux, BSD, etc.)

Now, as far as taking over an orphaned listing or maintaining your own the guidelines for this are linked on the AUR’s main page: https://aur.archlinux.org/

You must first register and login to contribute to the AUR.

I am following those directions. Exactly. I built all of the prerequisites and now I’m on the cmake instruction.

You apparently did not read my post very well yourself, initially, so there is no reason for you to be diminutive. Your current assistance provides no value; why waste your time?

Thanks.

Please make sure you have all of the official development packages installed?
sudo pacman -S base-devel

Another option would be to install dpkg from the AUR and then try using the official Ubuntu packages from their site, this is not a recommended way of installing software but does often work out well…

yaourt -S dpkg dpkg -i package.deb

If you still can’t get this working I would suggest asking the Agros2D developers, they would have a better understanding of their own software.

Also keep in mind that software installed from the AUR or any other source besides the official repositories is considered to be “use at your own risk” and not supported, any help that you receive here in the forums is out of kindness only.

Yes yes yes, of course. I have been compiling my own software since decades ago - I run clusters; however I have not experienced cmake until just recently and the problem I am having with cmake is one that does not bring up any useful results on internet searches.

As you might have read, I already submitted questions to the developers.

I believe that I misunderstood the purpose of this forum. I will find a new, more knowledgable, community. Thank you for your time, either way.