Amarok

With your last update amarok freezes at start…like in kubuntu.
Until this last update amarok worked perfektly. Clementine is not really Amarok…

I’m trying Amarok (2.8.0 + Kernel 3.12.5 + KDE 4.11.97 64-bit) and it starts without delay, immediately played, the only flaw is that you can not use the equalizer, because although the sample does not allow me to choose hobbies.

if you wont the equalizer you have to change the phonon backend from vlc to gstream…

Amarok works after installation…but after new systemsarts…freezes.

The same problem is in Kubuntu 13.10…The Netrunner 13.12 RC 64-Bit worked fine until the last update…yesterday…now it’s the same as in Kubuntu 13.10…

I hope for me, that in the final release amarok work’s without this problem…KDE without Amarok isn’t KDE…:slight_smile:

I can not reproduce this problem.
Which packages exactly got updated yesterday ?

Can you please try starting amarok from the terminal to see if there is an error message that might help.

Generally one advice:
We try to eleminate as many bugs as possible for a certain enviroment.
Updating KDE or kernels do have side-effects as to some programs might break or other weird behaviour or unexpected results.
So updating on Linux systems does NOT necessarily mean you end up with a more stable system (while security is mostly an illusion anyway light of recent Snoden discovery). So the number one golden rule applies even more so on a Linux systeme:
Never change a running system, unless you got valid reason, for example that something gets fixed which really was broken before, and also that bug afected you (bugs that don’t affect you since you don’t use any program or combination are certainly not reason enough to update for the chance of regression a formerly fixed bug…).
Just 2 cents here, as always your mileage may vary.

it was the last netrunner-artwork update yesterday…i can’t post the terminal, because now i’m yousing mint 16…
i’m sure the problems with amarok won’t be in the finally distri…
ntrunner is a very good distri…i will install it if it’s ready…

see you…