Beautiful Offering

I downloaded Promethius this morning and installed it on my desktop. WOW! As Steven Irwin would say: “What a little beauty!” I generally use GNOME, but Plasma 5 looks so nice and works well, considering it’s only been out for a short time.

You guys/girls did a great job putting this together. I’m going to be using it to see how I like it and I may decide to keep it, even though I love GNOME. Who knows, you might even convert me to KE. :wink:

The only problems I’ve had so far are with the menu items and broken packages. It seem that the cursor needs to be lined up near the bottom of the app title, just about that orange bar that appears on the menu when you move the cursor. If I click directly on the app name on the menu, he app doesn’t start. If I click near the bottom of the app name, it starts.

The other problem I had was trying to isntall the Muon package manager. I tried with Muon Discover, as well as with the command line. Here’s the error message I get:

[quote]The following packages have unmet dependencies:
muon : Depends: libmuonprivate2 (= 2.2.0-0ubuntu7) but 2.2.0-0ubuntu12 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
[/quote]

I can’t tell which packages are broken

The muon problem should be fixed now. Please try again after updating the software list either with synaptic or

sudo apt-get update in terminal.

Hi Leszec,
I’m getting the same response from the system, i.e., that “muon : Depends: libmuonprivate2 (= 2.2.0-0ubuntu7) but 2.2.0-0ubuntu12 is to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.”

Can you try reinstalling muon completely. So removing every package of it and install it again ? Is that working for you ?

Muon (Package Manager) is not installed. The problem is that I can’t install it, due to a conflict in libraries… unless you’re referring to Muon Discover and Muon Updater? Are you saying to remove all Muon packages, including Muon Discover and Muon Updater?

I believe that the Muon Package Manager was removed from the Plasma 5 version of the Muon Software suit.

That’s too bad, because I rather liked it. 've install synaptic, but it’s built on GTK and not QT. It works quite well. Thanks for the help, AJ and leszek.

Muon will feature a new version based on qt5 and kf5.
We still ship the muon version based on kdelibs. (kde sc 4.x)

As I saw in the other thread your main problem was fixed I guess everything is fine now?

Yes, the problem has been fixed, I can use Muon now. Thanks for the help and the information, leszek. :slight_smile:

This thread was helpful in solving broken packages on my computer. Thanks.