Bottom Bar Disappeared After Install

Hello!

I’m extremely new to all of this. I installed the new Netrunner, I think version 20.12.2, and the bottom bar that had everything on it disappeared after a reboot. It’s just… gone. The only icons on my desktop are “Computer”, “Network”, and “ReadMe”.

The bar had everything, including the terminal.

I was able to hold Fn + Right Click and got a menu of sorts, but the only thing that it seems to let me do is add panels, which I tried, but I couldn’t get it to replicate what was there before.

Could someone help? I tried searching online, but since I’m not familiar with the terminology I struggled to find anything relevant.

Try ALT + F2 and then type in the form which appear “kicker”, hit Enter. Hopefully the controlpanel will appear again.
If not you can try
sudo killall kicker && kicker

That is odd. You should be able to right click on the desktop and add a new panel again. Make sure to choose the default panel and not an empty one. It could be you have to manually readd your previous configuration again.

This only works for KDE 3 where the panel was a separate app called kicker :stuck_out_tongue:

ups! :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: