broken packages

I’ve been trying to install YAWP weather plasmoid, which I’ve always used, but synaptic tells me it can’t install due to broken packages. Its “fix broken packages” doesn’t fix it.

I tried dpkg --configure -a
and apt-get install -f with no luck. How can I fix this?

It isn’t compatible with Plasma 5 as the one in the repo is compiled for Plasma 4 and Qt4.
Please try the version from kde-look.org or the get hot new stuff button in the widgets explorer.

Oh. Then why is it in the repo for Netrunner 17, which uses Plasma 5 and not Plasma 4? And is Plasma 4 an easily do-able option? Because 5 crashes constantly and won’t do some of what 4 did.

Widget Explorer? I see “get new widgets” if I choose “Add Widgets.” I don’t see anything about hot new stuff anywhere. Get new stuff reveals only 2 weather widgets, one of which doesn’t work at all and the other uses yr.no. I guess that’s all we get for 5.

Actually it is in the Ubuntu repository. Seems to be a known bug: Bug #1458112 “package is uninstallable due to missing dependency...” : Bugs : plasma-widget-yawp package : Ubuntu

[quote]And is Plasma 4 an easily do-able option? Because 5 crashes constantly and won’t do some of what 4 did.
[/quote]
Plasma 4 isn’t packaged for Ubuntu Wily anymore.

[quote]Widget Explorer? I see “get new widgets” if I choose “Add Widgets.” I don’t see anything about hot new stuff anywhere. Get new stuff reveals only 2 weather widgets, one of which doesn’t work at all and the other uses yr.no. I guess that’s all we get for 5.
[/quote]
Yeah those 2 weather widgets are the only one atm.

Oh well. Luckily I can just switch computers when 17 gets too cranky. Netrunner 14 is so well behaved in comparison. Thanks for the reply.