btrfs on live image

Hello,
I’m switching from Netrunner 14.2 LTS to Netrunner Core,
and was wondering if there was a reason why btrfs-tools is not installed on the live image?
Without it, I cannot edit btrfs partitions nor choose to format partitions as btrfs during Netrunner installation.

It was there on Netrunner 14.2, and I’ve had a wonderful experience with btrfs.
I will try installing btrfs-tools to the live session and then Netrunner Core and post my results.

But my question: Why is it not there in the first place?

Best regards,
madsherlock

PS:
Why I’m switching from Netrunner 14.2 which was working fine? Windows Anniversary Upgrade on the other partition (dual boot) - broke something unfixable in my Netrunner kernel, something graphics-related in GRUB and something unfixable in my HP BIOS itself.

PPS:
Thanks for continuing Netrunner!

Netrunner Core is not a replacement for a Netrunner 14.2. It is a “Core” version because it is shipping only with one core set of packages.

Thanks for replying :slight_smile:
I know this is a very different distro.
I just wanted to know whether the exclusion of btrfs support in the “core set of packages” was due to problems with btrfs.
Sorry for not making myself clear.

PS:
As for the installation results, if anyone’s interested:
It went smoothly and very fast - I’m writing this from the booted btrfs partition.

I do get one minor grub error though:

error: file `/boot/grub/themes/netrunner-black/theme.txt` not found

However, that is only a small visual problem.

Oh, and selecting the install option to login automatically with no password didn’t work - it asked me for my password.

I’m happy with the result so far!

Hi
Could you ensure you have the artwork-grub-theme-netrunner-black package installed for the grub issue?

FWIW I can confirm that checking off auto login does indeed not work.

Yes, that package is already installed.

Hi
And the file /boot/grub/themes/netrunner-black/theme.txt actually exists?