Bug with add-apt-repository

If I try to add a ppa this is what I get :

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:djcj/tools Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/add-apt-repository", line 91, in <module> sp = SoftwareProperties(options=options) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 109, in __init__ self.reload_sourceslist() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 599, in reload_sourceslist self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 89, in get_sources (self.id, self.codename)) aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Netrunner/trusty

Does this happen on a freshly installed 14.1 or upgraded from 14.0 ?

It happen on a upgraded from 14.0

This bug seems common, here is a user from Kali Linux:
http://lgogua.blogspot.de/2014/03/kali-linux-fix-problem-add-apt.html#.VNDwoS6GM2Y

If we found the cause for Netrunner, we can probably have it fixed with an update.

Can you take a look if you have the current netrunner-system package installed.
Maybe you need to get it from the frontier-14-updates ppa (in Muon under versions you can just click to download and use it)

@Starbuck: I think we need to move the updated netrunner-system package from frontier-14-updates ppa to frontier-14-packages ppa for all upgraders to get it. On 14.1 clean we don’t have this problem.

I have the netrunner-system 1.0.50 it’s the latest version avaible in synaptic but I also see a 1.0.53 version

Yeah just install the newer version and you should be good to go

Ok I did it and it work. Thank you.
But why the version 1.0.53 was not installed automatically ?

The frontier-14-updates ppa has a lower priority then the frontier-14-packages ppa.
If it works for you then I will copy over the package so that everyone will get this as an update :slight_smile:
Thanks for reporting.

Hi leszzek,
In synaptic, I was not able to access ‘Settings>Repositories’. Forcing version to 1.0.53 solved the problem.
So kindly copy the package to make it easy for the new Linux users.
Thanks.