Camera and Bluetooth

Hi guys,
Downloaded both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
Both are really good , congratulations.
But I did find some irregularities.

1. Both 32 bit and 64 bit versions failed to mount my Digital camera (Canon 150 IS) even though they detected it perfectly.
  2. Disabling the bluetooth will not hide the bluetooth icon. But it properly worked during live session.
  3. Menu is a bit on the slow side. This is really visible/can be experienced if you use it in a netbook.
  4. Battery monitor was not present in the panel. I know it was present in the (I dont know what to call it) hidden section. But when using a laptop this really feels awkward. you glance at the panel to check your battery level only to find that it is not there :huh: .

So as I said above I enjoyed the RC very much. It diddnt crash on me. Waiting for the final release now :smiley: .

Thanks for your report.

I have a few questions
regarding 1. Is your digital camera normally detected as usb thumbdrive or does it use the mtp protocol ?
regarding 2. Ist it hidden when you start your desktop with bluetooth disabled ?
regarding 4. This got fixed for the final. Thanks for reporting

How can I verify which protocol is my camera using.
I was ablee to see and import all my photos from Nemo (Linux mint 16).
Here a popup appears with options to open in a dolphin or to import with gwenView.
I tried both options and still was unable to see my photos.

Regarding bluetooth it seems that my initial understanding about the issue was wrong.
It is not that I am unable to switch off my bluetooth , the fact is that proper drivers for my adapter has not been installed despite working properly in the live session.

Can you please post (please use quotations for this) the output of the terminal command dmesg after you plugged in the camera ?

[quote]Regarding bluetooth it seems that my initial understanding about the issue was wrong.
It is not that I am unable to switch off my bluetooth , the fact is that proper drivers for my adapter has not been installed despite working properly in the live session.
[/quote]
That is indeed strange as normaly the installation process should not remove drivers which are in use.
Did you try the hardware manager to see if it allows installing the bluetooth driver ?

Did you mean Kinfocentre when you said hardware manager?

Hi guys,
I have similar problem with my Nikon Coolpix S3500 digital camera.
Here is the output of the terminal command dmesg:

[ 1340.088179] usb 2-5: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-pci
[ 1340.221724] usb 2-5: New USB device found, idVendor=04b0, idProduct=033b
[ 1340.221732] usb 2-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 1340.221737] usb 2-5: Product: NIKON DSC COOLPIX S3500-PTP
[ 1340.221742] usb 2-5: Manufacturer: NIKON
[ 1340.221746] usb 2-5: SerialNumber: 000050008141

I can’t download my pictures from camera.

They seem to be mtp devices as they don’t create blockdevices for mounting.
So I guess they should be mountable via kio-mtp which is shipped by default. Does the device notifier show you the device when plugging in ? Are you able to choose to open the camera via filemanager ? Did you try the import function of Gwenview ?
Have you tried entering mtp:/ in the adressbar of the filemanager to list all mtp devices ?

So, the device notifier showed when I plugged in the camera. I can choose two option, gwenview and dolphin. When I choose Dolphin it doesn’t see the camera. When I select Gwenview it sees the camera but the import function doesn’t work because folders aren’t seeing. I checked camera in System Settings, it shows the camera but when I tried to configure manually, I got the message: “Unable to initialize camera”. I checked it my wife’s laptop, she also uses Netrunner 13.06, there the problem does not occur.

It might be a permission bug I have heard of in KDE SC 4.11.3 (Kubuntu). Please try to open dolphin as root user (with kdesudo) and access camera:/ Does this work for you ?
Here is the bug report on that: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=264020

Might be also interesting if KDE SC 4.11.4 or 4.12 users can reproduce this ?

[color=#000080]Curiosity I caused the issue and tried with my Cannon camera cable connecting directly to the PC and this was the result, “Unable to access the images.” (I have more than 80 pictures)

I had not noticed it always clearing the SD Card from the camera and put it on the PC but never before with cable; attached screenshots.[/color]

Thank you for your advice, I did what you suggested me. I opened dolphin as root and now I can browse between my pictures. I also tried to download my pictures with digikam, it works fine as user too. I read all this topic and attached link information I recognized that when I tried the Kubuntu newest version, I meet this problem there.