Can't create Swap[Solved]

Again without a physical swap partition and/or file you CAN NOT hibernate, PERIOD.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Suspend_and_hibernate#Hibernation

Isn’t hibernation disabled because of uefi secure boot ?

Yes, but only if your using Secure Boot as far as I’m aware of, UEFI by itself is not effected and secure boot can always be disabled, which is required by Manjaro anyway: UEFI - Install Guide - Manjaro

Also, not everyone has a UEFI system and/or uses it, some people use legacy boot or have a system with a standard BIOS, so that would kinda make this a mute point. :slight_smile:

I know that hibernate is disabled globally in ubuntu because of uefi secure boot. (So also Netrunner (kubuntu based) does not offer it.
I think hibernate might become obsolete with the fact that ssds become more widespreaded.

Maybe, but that is still some time off and unless they solve the issue of longevity with them there will still be a need for HDD, especially for large, long-term storage devices. I also believe that eventually the Secure Boot issue within the Linux kernel itself will be fixed.

PS. On my DJ rig I have 32 TB’s of storage for audio and videos files, this would be way to expensive to do using SSD’s. :slight_smile: