Can't update due to signature error

Fresh installation and running sudo pacman -Syyu to update results in the following error:

error: qtermwidget: signature from “Jerome Leclanche jerome@leclan.ch” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/qtermwidget-0.9.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

It doesn’t matter if I choose Y or N to delete it.

Thanks

I also tried to refresh keys after using sudo pacman -Syy using the Manjaro tutorial to fix key issues but I got this:

sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
gpg: refreshing 121 keys from hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: keyserver refresh failed: Server indicated a failure
==> ERROR: A specified local key could not be updated from a keyserver.

OK, first question.
Do you have any AUR packages that need a key?

If not, then here is the full refresh sequence:

sudo gpg --refresh-keys sudo pacman-key --init && pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys sudo pacman -Syyu

Next, if you get this again “Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]”, the answer is Y.

The above code didn’t work for me.

I found a thread on the Manjaro forums that others had with this issue but none of the commands worked for me. I installed my VPN Private Internet Access and I was finally able to upgrade since that changed my DNS which was the solution for another poster.

Not sure why I had to use different DNS but that’s what worked for me. This would be interesting to know why if you know the answer.

Thanks for your help as always.

That does indeed sound strange. No I don’t know why that would be the case, other than perhaps curruption during download using your ISP’s DNS.