[CLOSED] Not Able To Confirm Installed NVIDIA Drivers

EDIT #2: Figured it out. I removed the 4.11.10-1 kernel and was then able to install the Nvidia driver for the 4.14.2-1 kernel. Everything is working now–a little differently than Manjaro but I suppose that is to be expected given the custom tailoring. Liking this so far and looking forward to the upcoming improvements.–falcon40

EDIT: Although the MHWD dialog box said the changes were made successfully, further inspection of the process using the “Show Details” button revealed the following:

Starting

Using config ‘video-nvidia’ for device: 0000:01:00.0 (0300:10de:13d8) Display controller nVidia Corporation GM204M [GeForce GTX 970M]
Installing video-nvidia…
Using default
Has lib32 support: true
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/nvidia/MHWDCONFIG
Processing classid: 0300
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/scripts/include/0300
Processing classid: 0302
:: Synchronizing package databases…
error: target not found: linux411-nvidia
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
netrunner is up to date
Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!

Done …

Therefore, it looks like the driver did not install and it is still looking for linux411-nvidia. There is no such package in the repository. I will just wait for an update to come along and see if the driver can be installed in the future. Consider this item “CLOSED.”

I have searched for a previous entry with the circumstances I am encountering but have not found one as of yet.

QUESTION: Are the NVIDIA drivers installed but there just are not affirmative indications or did the drivers fail to actually install?

BACKGROUND: I have installed Netrunner Rolling 2017.07 and attempted to install proprietary NVIDIA graphics drivers but I am getting conflicting indications. The graphical hardware detection (MHWD) dialog box says the process is complete but “About System” still shows “nouveau”. I initially thought it was because I was on kernel 4.11.10-1 (after upgrade) which is unsupported but I still have the same issue after upgrading to the latest LTS kernel 4.14.2-1.

INXI -G OUTPUT:

$ inxi -G

Resuming in non X mode: xrandr not found. For package install advice run: inxi --recommends
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GM204M [GeForce GTX 970M]
Display Server: N/A
drivers: nouveau (unloaded: modesetting)
tty size: 61x22

OCTOPI: After searching for “nvidia” in Octopi, the only items installed are:

mhwd-nvidia
mhwd-nvidia-304xx
mhwd-nvidia-340xx

MHWD: Additionally, the “installed” box is blank for the “video-nvidia” line in the Hardware Detection and Installation program in System Settings.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated. The system seems to be working fine otherwise.

Thank you,

falcon40

Yes, the 4.11 kernel series was removed from the Manjaro repositories shortly after it reached end of life.
I did create a thread about this: http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=24311&pid=40433#pid40433

Since mhwd would need the correct kernel image for the nvidia driver modules needed, and the fact that these packages no longer exist on their server, this failure would have been expected.

AJSlye–Thank you for the note/clarification. I neglected to search on “kernel”, “unsupported kernel” or “EOL.” That likely would have saved me some time. All is well now (and it was pretty good before). Thanks again–falcon40