Compiz Fusion do not work!

Hello,

I have installed “Netrunner 4.2.1 Dryland”.
Tis version is based on “Kubuntu 12.04 LTS” and runs with KDE 4.8.4.

Of course i want to install and use compiz fusion for my convinience. With “Netrunner 3 RC” compiz fusion worked perfectly. Unfortunatelly this was the reason to install “Netrunner 4.2.1 Dryland”.

hab meinen PC neu aufgesetzt, diesmal mit “Netrunner 4.2.1 Dryland”.
Diese Version basiert auf “Kubuntu 12.04 LTS” und läuft mit KDE 4.8.4.

After installing “Compiz Fusion” and “Compiz Fusion Icon” nothing happens when I click to the symbols in the menu.

If I type the order to a terminal, the output is following:

pion@pioncell:~$ [b]./startcompiz[/b] compiz (core) - Error: Screen 0 on display ":0" already has a window manager; try using the --replace option to replace the current window manager. ./startcompiz: line 4: emerald: command not found QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave. ^C./startcompiz: line 6: //End: No such file or directory pion@pioncell:~$ [b]compiz[/b] Backend : kconfig4 Integration : true Profile : default Adding plugins Initializing core options...done Segmentation fault pion@pioncell:~$ [b]ccsm[/b] Backend : kconfig4 Integration : true Profile : default Adding plugins Initializing core options...done Segmentation fault pion@pioncell:~$ [b]./startcompiz[/b] Backend : kconfig4 Integration : true Profile : default Adding plugins Initializing core options...done ./startcompiz: line 3: 3600 Segmentation fault compiz ./startcompiz: line 4: emerald: command not found QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave. ^C./startcompiz: line 6: //End: No such file or directory pion@pioncell:~$ [b]compiz[/b] compiz (core) - Error: Screen 0 on display ":0" already has a window manager; try using the --replace option to replace the current window manager. pion@pioncell:~$ [b]ccsm[/b] Backend : kconfig4 Integration : true Profile : default Adding plugins Initializing core options...done Segmentation fault pion@pioncell:~$ [b]./startcompiz[/b] compiz (core) - Error: Screen 0 on display ":0" already has a window manager; try using the --replace option to replace the current window manager. ./startcompiz: line 4: emerald: command not found QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave. [b]ccsm[/b] ^Cpion@pioncell:~$ [b]./startcompiz[/b] Backend : kconfig4 Integration : true Profile : default Adding plugins Initializing core options...done ./startcompiz: line 3: 3741 Segmentation fault compiz ./startcompiz: line 4: emerald: command not found QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave. [b]ccsm[/b] [b]sudo ccsm[/b] [b]cd[/b] ^Cpion@pioncell:~$

^^ You see I have tried different options. When I partially used the same command later, another error appeared (as you can see in the code above). Very individual the hole thing. Primarily I think this causes due to the “Segmentation fault” error but also this following error:

pion@pioncell:~$ compiz
compiz (core) - Error: Screen 0 on display ":0" already has a window manager; try using the --replace option to replace the current window manager.

I have also tried the command --replace but then the state becomes unstable and I can either open the console nor change the desktop. Also the windows are lifting very strange to the topside.

It becomes also unstable when I execute ./startcompiz (a script I wrote myself). In this script is inter alia the command “–replace” build in.

To activate the KDE-Manager (:@) I have to do the following:
System Settings > Default Applications > Windows Manager
Then I select compiz. A error appears: (take a look to: Compiz-Fehlermeldung.png)

Then Netrunner automatically change to kWin and all is normal.

Please help, I do not want to use kWin.
I have also opened a thread at: http://www.linuxforen.de/forums/showthread.php?t=271394&highlight=compiz
but nobody answers since months.

As requested, I think the error causes on the “segmentation fault” report. If I know what is behind this message, it will help me a lot.

It is also possible that I miss some packages I do not know about.

To control that I have also attached my package list of compiz (Compiz_Paketliste.png). I hope somebody know what I could need.

I hope also that somebody helps me.