Curious about Sound system bugs?

This dialog seems different than before?

Shows 2 Built-in Analog stereo but mouse wheel can change change volume one at a time?
Any way to link them for global changes? So mouse adjust both at same time?

And still no fix for sticky setting of notification level? As set lower like 40% then on reboot back up to default 80%.

Ok, that’s the kmix volume control, by default Netrunner used the veromix volume control.

The first ‘built in analog audio stereo’ slider is for output, the second is for the input, this is why they are at different levels and shouldn’t be the same volume.

You can turn off the visibility off input devices shown in kmix. When it comes to event sound volume management it is clearly broken atm. In my opinion the whole concept is obsolete anyways with pulseaudio nowadays.

Thanks for the info and now makes sense one is for input which I disable to show in panel.
And yep sticky sound levels between boots always been a no–go for me.

I wish the dev’s wouldn’t be so mesmerized by shiny & bling new feature this and new function that.
And that some of them would concentrate more under the hood fixes then worrying about how the chrome & shiny rims look. Some of the very basic features have had bugs and serious feature breakage for years and never a fix.

[quote]And that some of them would concentrate more under the hood fixes then worrying about how the chrome & shiny rims look. Some of the very basic features have had bugs and serious feature breakage for years and never a fix
[/quote]
Yeah we somehow have a lack of devs clearly as it needs some people for fixing bugs and introducing new ones (in form of new apps, features and so on).
When it comes to this particular bug with event sounds. There are couple of fixes for years already that either use something completely different that is based on pulseaudio alone and works like a charm and other fixes that simply disable the event sound settings alltogether. Sadly upstream did not decide on either of that solution and now is seeking for someone to provide a ‘real fix’ for this bug with a bounty.

I have it working on my machine under rolling, this has all my log-in sound, notifications, etc. setup under System Settings > Application & System Notifications > Applications working as well.

I had to do this:

killall kmix rm -rf .pulse/ rm -rf .pulse-cookie rm -rf .config/pulse/ kmix
then make sure I was using the gstreamer backend with libcanberra, libcanberra-gstreamer, libcanberra-pulse, lib32-libcanberra and lib32-libcanberra-pulse installed, and make sure that System Settings > Application & System Notifications > Player Settings is not set to no audio output.