Disable emergency mode

I’ve got a dual-boot system running Windows 10 and Netrunner Rolling 2017.07. I have a few external drives that I’ve used that are assigned to automount upon login (or when plugged into a port). I’ve encountered a problem with booting that seems to be tied to an external USB drive I used to use – let’s call it “Alex”. When Alex is attached I have no issues at all; when Alex is NOT attached, however, NRR runs a drive check for 90 seconds, then finally stops boot-up to tell me it’s in emergency mode.

Recalling that I set up removable storage to automount, I figured I merely needed to remove Alex from the list of drives that automount on attach or login, so I did that – unchecking Alex from each category. But this didn’t fix my problem.

Is there any way that I can tell NRR that it’s OK if it isn’t able to find Alex attached upon boot – that it can boot up just fine without Alex attached?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Remove the Alex device from /etc/fstab if it is there.

D’OH! Yup, Alex was listed there. Once I removed it a simple reboot showed the problem has been resolved. Thanks!