Dolphin and LibreOffice file browser - change alternate background [SOLVED]

Hi, I’m playing around with an old school green text/black background scheme, and both Dolphin and the LibreOffice open/save file browser aren’t cooperating. I’ve got the green text part, but the blackground is zebra-striped, alternating lines of black or white. See the attached screenshot for an example from Dolphin.

[attachment=16]

In System Settings > Application Appearance > Colors > Colors I adjusted each item showing white for its current value. The problem remained.

Also, other file browsers (Kate open/save, Firefox uploads) show green text/black background.

Any suggestions? Which might include a prebuilt theme? Thanks.

Hi, have alook at http://www.kde-look.org. Ther are many color shemes and other stuff for download. Some are for kde 3, be careful. Hope that helps.

If you are using oxygen widgets theme, I recall there is an option somehwere “Alternate list lines” or something similar, which forces zebra stripes onto lists… maybe you spot it and try turn it off.

Thanks, guys. I switched the scheme to Optimal (generally, a gray on black scheme intended to minimize eyestrain), but I’ll keep the oxygen widgets alternate list lines option in mind if I go back to my earlier attempt.

I found the option: it’s System Settings > Application Appearance > Colors, Colors tab, Color set: View. Here you can find entries for Normal Background and Alternate Background. Note: changing Alternate Background color while Dolphin was open doesn’t refresh the current Dolphin view–closing and reopening Dolphin did it.

This also fixed the open/save dialog in LibreOffice.

Marking the thread [SOLVED]. Thanks!